Just got booked for a Halloween gig at a nudist camp - what should I wear?

Notes_Norton

• Members

This is going to be one weird gig. A Halloween party at a nudist camp.

The person who booked us asked is if we had any problem with naked people in the audience. We said "No".

She told us we don't have to be nude (whew! I look better with my clothes on) and that we will have to sign a paper agreeing that we won't take any pictures (too bad, it could be good promo ).

She said some of the people might come in a costume, so what went through my head? Adam & Eve? Lady Godiva? Venus de Milo? David? Venus of Willendorf? Vitruvian Man? The Thinker?

We always go to Halloween gigs in costume, hmmmm, how about a couple of Voyeurs? With binoculars around our necks? Nah - that would be in bad taste. Some would get the humor I'm sure, but I wouldn't want to offend any one who has an issue with that.

How about leotards with 'fig leaves' attached in the appropriate places? Or black rectangles? I told that one to Leilani and her immediate response was "Excellent!" followed by both of us laughing.

I've played parties where people ended up naked, but this will be the first one I've played were people started out naked.

What a strange profession this is!

sm-censored

So what do you think we should wear? (no we're not going in our birthday suits).

Notes

• Members

Yeah, you'd really want to warm up that saxophone -- brrr!

Old Joke:

The Trudeaus were set to go out for Halloween. Margaret Trudeau comes down the stairs stark naked. Pierre asks what's up? "I'm going as Lady Godiva!" Pierre goes back upstairs and returns with a hollowed out potato over his genitals. Margaret asks what's up? "I'm going as a dictator!"

• Members
Yeah, you'd really want to warm up that saxophone -- brrr!

Old Joke:

The Trudeaus were set to go out for Halloween. Margaret Trudeau comes down the stairs stark naked. Pierre asks what's up? "I'm going as Lady Godiva!" Pierre goes back upstairs and returns with a hollowed out potato over his genitals. Margaret asks what's up? "I'm going as a dictator!"

I claim fatigue as my excuse, but I had to read this one again to get it. Ouch! That's a groaner!

• Members

Is that a picture of Peter Sellers daddymack?

When I was young, and there were drive in movies, the marquee on one had Peter Sellers's name in giant red letters, and our drummer thought that was the name of the movie and laughed that it was probably about male prostitutes.

It's still funny when I think of that.

Notes

• 1 month later...
  • Members

We played the nudist camp and the gig went great. They said they'll book us again,.

Leilani wore a flesh colored leotard and she dyed a pair of my briefs and a t-shirt flesh colored. Then she cut out rectangles of black felt and affixed them over our 'private' areas and across our eyes (with holes cut out for sunglasses). The sunglasses went pretty quickly because I kept knocking them off on the microphone.

The guests loved our costumes and we got many compliments. We had to sign a no-photos clause in the contract so we have no pictures.

Some of the guests wore costumes, some wore their birthday suits and some with the costumes ditched them after the costume contest.

There were all ages from a couple of grade school kids (the were born there) to grandparents so we played a wide variety of music. The kids left after the costume contest (it was past their bed time).

I've played strip bars, and private parties where people got naked, but this is the first party that I've ever played where the people started out naked ;)

All and all we had a great time, the people loved us, danced all night, and I refrained from playing "Flip, Flop and Fly" ;) (sorry, I couldn't resist the joke).

Notes

Archived