Acoustic Duo Set List Ideas

parko82

• Members

Hey All,

I'm in a Acoustic Covers Duo with a female singer and we need some song ideas. We've got about 50 on our list but are after a heap more. I know there's a ton of songs we could do but we want the cream. If you could give your best 5 that would be great.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated though.

If your Interested here's a link to our Facebook page aslo. Demo's, photo's etc..

www.facebook.com/oakacousticduo

Cheers Andy...

• Members

Hi Andy welcome to the group, certainly Daaymac's suggestion is a good one. I try to add a new song every week or so and am normally working on a couple at a time. This week it's Daniel Powters Had A Bad Day and an oldie from Rod Stewart (or something about the girl) called I don't want to talk about it. I give a country feel to Had a bad day, sort of based on the acoustic version he does on Utube. With the Rod one I have been meaning to do for a while but never felt it was in my range but now I have dropped the guitar a half step it is. I have gigs Sat and Sun this week so will try them out then. For "absolute winners" it totally depends on your audience, mine tend to be older so may not work for you. All the best anyway Cheers Steve

• Members

More than any other song in my list, Blister in the Sun ALWAYS goes over well, with any crowd

Three Little Birds always goes over well as a first set song to get people moving in their seats a bit.

Wagon Wheel has been a great one for 3 or 4 years, but is really dropping off now. Prior to Darius' version, I believe that one was set to be a cult hit that you could play to good response for years to come. Now that Darius did his version, it became wildly popular, and now people are sick of it.

In my market, modern country usually goes over pretty well. Your mileage may vary. With a female singer, stuff like Miranda Lambert may work well for you.

It's always good to have some "drunken singalongs" in your catalog of tunes for those nights when you have the right late night drunk and rowdy crowd going. They aren't "every gig" songs, but stuff like Friends In Low Places, Sweet Caroline, Family Tradition, and Call Me By My Name go over well in those situations. I imagine stuff like Don't Stop Believing and that Sitting at a Bar on the Inside song would probably work well, too. Not sure about what songs like that would work with a female vocal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I play in a duo in Glasgow. Our repertoire includes 'Proud Mary', 'Stand by Me', 'Bring it on home to me', 'California Dreaming', 'Natural Woman', 'Sweet Home Alabama'. We also do takes on modern songs by artists like Beyonce and Rihanna, as well as an acoustic take on 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.

Archived