Looking for Solo/Duo Acts to try out new instrument

• Members

Hello! Dave here from EurekaSound (a very small music gear company just outside of Pittsburgh).

We've been selling PROM upgrades for the Behringer FCB1010 for years, but have recently branched into instruments, with two stringed instruments that are targeted at solo & duo acts. We're looking for some acts around Pittsburgh PA that would be willing to try them out and make a video demonstration that we'd post on our YouTube channel.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Dave

http://www.eurekasound.com

• Moderators

I like the idea, but the practicality?

I also see this would require a good deal of practice and experimentation.

It just seems like a limited appeal/ niche product. Not that there is anything wrong with that....the Baitar reminded me of a 'dumbed-down' Chapman Stick.

The best use I saw was for the 'Chet' style finger picking. The loop approach was okay, but you just can't expect audiences to sit through the process on every song.

Using this would require using a sub, or a separate bass amp...for me, more gear to haul.

Good luck, I see what you are trying to do, and there is a market for it. Have you presented the Baitar at NAMM?

• Members
I like the idea, but the practicality?

I also see this would require a good deal of practice and experimentation.

You'd be surprised how little practice it takes. We essentially came up with the idea just by thinking of the way we already play a lot of tunes, picking the bass part of the tune with your thumb. When we've let guitarists play with it they catch onto it within in a couple of minutes.

...the Baitar reminded me of a 'dumbed-down' Chapman Stick.

Yes, it does have the range of the Stick (which is a very cool instrument!), but without having to learn new fingering & chord structure.

Using this would require using a sub, or a separate bass amp...for me, more gear to haul.

Yes, to get the full range of the instrument you would want something that could handle bass, either a bass amp or a full range monitor system.

Good luck, I see what you are trying to do, and there is a market for it. Have you presented the Baitar at NAMM?

We'll have a booth for the first time this July at Summer NAMM in Nashville. We're really excited about it!

• Members

For the type of music in the deomo video, I would rather just hear a bass player and a guitar. Both parts in that video seemed to suffer, tempo, chords and so on - but a very nice approach and cool song. Where I'm thinking the baitar might really shine is in Jazz standards and such. When I'm doing solo Jazz stuff, I will often do a walking bass line (to the best of my ability) and play those "Ed Bickert" three... note chords (again to the best of my ability). I have often thought of using a guitar synth for that purpose but then I would need a synth module.

Another cool use might befor tunes like Tommy Emmanuel's version of Daytripper.

I could also see Adrian Legg with an acoustic version of the baitar. OT, here's Adrian rockin' out - who knew!

I don't know if I would want to be stuck on a baitar all night though, so I guess it might also come down to bringing two instruments along to the gig - something I'm not fond of.

Best of luck guys, and if you're doing any trade shows... in Vancouver BC, let me know.

• Members
Where I'm thinking the baitar might really shine is in Jazz standards and such...

You're absolutely right here. I'm by no means a jazz guitarist, and I hate to make you suffer through me singing, but here I am on the Baitar doing a jazz-ish version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JberpXIf-50

I really enjoyed both the Tommy Emmanuel & Adrian Legg videos. I'd love to see what they would do on our instruments.

Best of luck guys...

Thanks!

Archived