Kurzweil Grand Pianos?!?

C. Martin

• Members

I just watched "The Concert for New York City" DVD last night and I was shocked at something I saw. Billy Joel had a "Kurzweil" Grand Piano. So Im saying to myself, well, young chang must have made this. But no! It said Kurzweil on the fallboard, the side(had the name 2 times on it each side). As far as I know, Kurzweil doesnt make grand pianos except for the digital grand's they make. And it was a full concert grand size. Was it a digital?

p120dUdE

• Members

GigMan,

I do hate Kurzweil pianos, and I will always hate them. I was just wondering because it was strange to see a kurz. grand piano.

O, and thank you mike martin, that must be what Billy Joel did. Thank you for the answer.:D

p120dUdE

• Members

I also play a P120 but I've heard Kurzweil in bands and think they sound great.

Originally posted by p120dUdE

I said this:

Scubyfan, you said:

Scubyfan, its not ignorance, its opinion. I know you like kurzweils, and thats great, but i dont.

p120dUdE

• Members

I don't care that you dislike Kurzweil, but saying something like "I will always hate them" means you will always hate Kurzweil, only because it is a Kurzweil and not due to any reason.

I do have a reason why I HATE Kurzweil and will ALWAYS hate them. I hate them becasue of their piano sound and action!!! Their piano sound sucks to me and so does their action. So dont tell me I just hate kurzweil for no reason!

p120dUdE

• Members

Originally posted by Synthoid

Most illogical......

:D

Haha I was just going to say something similar. All this disgust over one little ignorant opinion, come on! We all have them and you all know you do too.

I hate Honda. I know they make good, reliable automobiles for decent prices. And I don't care if they ever make the best car in the entire universe, for the cheapest price ever...I will still hate them. Just seeing that H in the stupid little rectangle pisses me off.

Yes it's ignorant, but it's just one of those little illogical human quirks. I can see how someone could have the same thing going on with keyboards.

• Members

Hmmmm... I've been playing a Kurzweil Ensemble Grand Mark V for 10 years, and I don't have any complaints other than a bit light action... I've got something like 33 years of piano playing, 10 years classical, and it sounds great... I agree about the SP-series, the counterweight things suck, they declare independence too frequently, leaving you with keys with absolutely no counterweight LOL...

But seriously, I'd go with the Ensemble Grand series to any gig anywhere...

Archived