What would you pick:Yamaha Tyros or Kurzweil K2661?

C. Martin

• Members

Don't wanna xplain.... ;) but I'd pick a Tyros.....

I wasn't that impressed when I played on a K2661 @ the Messe...

Why the hell is that ribbon controller optional :confused: ?! ... and also... it didnt look as nice as a K2600... Now thats one Great Machine.... gotta have one of those someday (or a K2600R anyway)

and yea, i agree... it's quite strange 2 compare these 2 monsters.... but anyhow....

Let's see other pplz replies.....

• Members

I think that if I had to decide today, I'd probably go with the Tyros. There's only one area in which the K2661 really has a clear and present advantage, and that is (not insignificantly) the fact that it can sample. There are some other reasons that I find the Tyros more attractive... but it's pretty close... ask me in a week and I might have changed my mind. :cool:

Kiru

• Members

I'd pick a Tyros, but then I'm firmly down the Yamaha trail having done a lot with XG. Played a Tyros only the other day and was very impressed. Nice feel to the keyboard, the styles were very good and the sounds excellent. And there's a great deal of serious programming. Lots of DSPs with around 60 basic effects and up to 16 parameters per effect, multitimbral with layering of 18 voices and multipart with around 80 parameters for each midi channel. Much better than a lot of so-called workstations.

Bryan

• Members

I was aware of that. Just pointing out that you can modify sounds in many different ways - it's the end results that count. And as The Pro says, these two keyboards are like chalk and cheese - you can't really compare them. Both are good in their own right - depends on your application.

Bryan

Archived