Processing video through analog synths

• Members

Nope, but I accidentally connected the video out of my VCR/XBOX (can't remember which) into the audio input on my TV.

For a moment there, I could hear perfect Chroma Blue.

Forever,

Kim.

• Members

I tried running video from and XL1S through some stomp boxes once (delay and distortion). It didn't work. Nothing happened - no signal at all.

I wonder if you could somehow 'pitch-shift 'the signal low enough that it would work with audio gear, or if it's just not the right type of signal at all?

• Members

What if one turned all the modulation/filtering off and just let the signal pass through? Then one could module the frequencies that are used to carry certain aspects of analog tv, like vertical scan, etc. I could be wrong, but that's in the Khz range, IIRC, so with bandpass filters, one should be able to target just that area.

Fun idea, nevertheless! :D

• Members

If you have something that plays digital video (like a DV camescope) or some videos on your hard disk, the way to go for setting up an interaction between image and sound is to use Pure Data/GEM or Max/MSP/Jitter

btw, 1000th post today ... quite frightening actually

• Members

Originally posted by cheptronics

If you have something that plays digital video (like a DV camescope) or some videos on your hard disk, the way to go for setting up an interaction between image and sound is to use Pure Data/GEM or Max/MSP/Jitter

btw, 1000th post today ... quite frightening actually

Very fitting that you mention pur data and max/msp on your 1000th post ;)

• Members

Originally posted by TheRain

Very fitting that you mention pur data and max/msp on your 1000th post
;)

only pure chance here

and actually, I use Max/MSP very few, I prefer Pure Data because it's more stable for live concerts (and I have some problems with FFT processes under MSP)

also, Pd works on Linux, on which I have a latency of 2.9 ms

Archived