Anyone using the new Emu cards/EmulatorX?

Boom

• Members

I got the Emulator X studio package. I haven't checked out the sampler software too much yet. It is packed full of sounds to start with though.

The 1820m audio interface seems great to me. I especially like the fact that it has 2 X MIDI IN/OUT so I had no need for a separate MIDI interface. For a compact setup, like mine, you could do A LOT worse than the Emu digital audio system. BTW: Future Music is supposedly doing a review of it in their next (or current) issue.

• Members

Damn!

I'm having some trouble with my Emu Digital Audio System. On occasion, it seems to crash my computer. Sometimes I can't get sound out of the computer, and at times I can't get sound into my computer. I have installed the most up-to-date driver. I'm using Cubase SX2 as my sequencer, but I can't seem to be able to link the Cubase VST -mixer with the Emu PatchMix DSP application!

I have a stereo signal going from my hardware mixer into the In dock 1 of the Emu Audio dock. However, if I play anything, the IN Dock 1 meter in the PatchMix doesn't react.

Now, I still have 14 days left on my money back guarantee, so I'm thinking, should I just return the whole mutha, and get something different? I'm hesitant though, 'cos I really really like this Emu package, because it is excellent value for the money. But the manual is terrible. There should be included tutorials for the audio routing and linking up with sequencer apps. Maybe I should try using the bundled Cubase VST 5.1? Maybe those will work better together.

Any help, suggestions, prayers? This sucks.... :(

Archived