Just ordered an SH-32...

jaeger82

• Members

Deepsleeper no offence but that comment just show's plain ignorance . :p

I mean come on the RM1X is one hell of a hardware sequencer ..infact one of the better ones on the market.

An MC303 is really not to be compared to one at all.

You could program some killer music using an RM1X and good set of rack synths or VSTi's on PC in a virtual rack.

Granted I wouldn't buy an MC-303 but I wouldn't turn my nose up at either the RM1X or SH32 at current prices.

In fact an RM1X and A5000 at current prices would be a killer starter set-up for a hardware newbie IMHO..............

• Members

err...i did, until 5 months ago..own a rm1x. They are, in my opinion, the best hardware combination of affordability and features available as far as sequencers go.

Never had a 303-- but i think, if i didn't have a million other VA desktops, that i would buy a sh-32.

I know you are not necessarily proponing the philosophy of gear snobbery, but i am concerned that sometimes people are either unaware or derogatory of others who just don't have the money for the expensive stuff. Again, not trying to say you meant to imply or personify that mind set.

• Members

Originally posted by the_resonator

err...i did, until 5 months ago..own a rm1x. They are, in my opinion, the best hardware combination of affordability and features available as far as sequencers go.

Never had a 303-- but i think, if i didn't have a million other VA desktops, that i would buy a sh-32.

I know you are not necessarily proponing the philosophy of gear snobbery, but i am concerned that sometimes people are either unaware or derogatory of others who just don't have the money for the expensive stuff. Again, not trying to say you meant to imply or personify that mind set.

Two things:

1. There was a winky-smiley! No snobbery, just some tongue in cheek.

2. I've owned an RM1X as well. I've also owned a Quasimidi 309 Rave-o-lution. They're definitely fun units, don't get me wrong. But....LOL....you know....LOL......ok Peace!

Archived