old Yamaha keyboard CP-35?

davehorne

• Members

I was reading some posts here and I remembered a Yamaha keyboard I owed for a brief time. I believe it was a CP-35 ... or something like that. If I could a photo up close I probably could remember what the model was. I'm guessing this was back in 1980 - 1984 or so ... just a guess.

Ring any bells? I remember one major flaw with that keyboard. The unit only had 8 voice polyphony as I recall and every so often, without warning, the next note you would play would be extremely loud. It was as though the ninth note you played had the volume of the previous eight. That would happen many times through a job and would drive me crazy.

• Members

I had the CP 25 for many years and I remember that it was out at about the same time as the 35. The 25 was a heavy beast with a big flat top that is nearly as big the average computer desk. My Polysix sat on top of it and I still had plenty of room to keep accessories on top, even a full course meal or a few six packs if needed.. no stacked ( double ) kb stand required.

I think the poly was 8 in the 25 as well, but I never had the other problem you described. I liked the 25 and it was a cool piece in it's day.

AJ

Archived