Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen these MIDI-audio keyboard controllers before?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen these MIDI-audio keyboard controllers before?

As one of our local music stores here in Aalborg, KE Musik (www.ke-musik.dk) is having a special summer deal pricing of the ESI nEAR 5 active monitors (they're selling them for under 2000dkr (which would be under 300 euro - and quite an offer) I just checked out the full ESI line at www.esi-pro.com - and I found these audio-midi keyboards - the A On Firewire variety and the NEon USB variety - I quite like the looks of them and if I only could ascertain whether the audio interface has ASIO support and try out the build quality (can it be any WORSE than an Oxygen 8?) they would be a sure deal as my laptop controllers.. (and - those knobs are of the endless, alpha type...!)
    What do you think..?
    http://www.esi-pro.com/listProduct.php?ctgr=17

The A On - which Musik Produktiv sells for 299 euro..

The NEon - which Musik Produktiv sells for 199 euro..

Oh - and btw - ESI is the Korean mother company of Soundtrak of Maya soundcard fame..
    I'm proud of coming from a country where we pay 50% of our income in tax - but where our minimum wage is 15US$ and where we neither have to worry about paying for general welfare, health care nor higher level education.
    Self-appointed KSS Italo-synth geek

i dunno they look kinda plastiky
    invisible cowbell --->

Comment

What's wrong with a plastic? You are not gonna dance on it?
      Audigy 4 Pro, BIAB 2007, Cameleon 5000, EZ-250i, JAMMER Pro 6, Juno-D, MAGIX music maker 11, MAGIX music studio 2005, PowerTracks 11, Rhino 2, RT-223;
      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=4816736

Comment

anyone know of a midi controller thats made out of metal?
        Used Dave smith instruments MEK - $900 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by myteeGTi
          anyone know of a midi controller thats made out of metal?

Many MIDI controllers with knobs/sliders have metal case, but not the ones with keys.
          Audigy 4 Pro, BIAB 2007, Cameleon 5000, EZ-250i, JAMMER Pro 6, Juno-D, MAGIX music maker 11, MAGIX music studio 2005, PowerTracks 11, Rhino 2, RT-223;
          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=4816736

Comment

Yes we have these here in Australia but I havent been able to find out anything else about these on the net. It seems like theyre big in Europe as every google hit comes back with German or polish or some other euro language.

Like rasmus said it couldnt be worse quality than M-Audio. I'm looking for a basic midi keyboard and was wondering if anyone played the KeyControl49?

Comment

Aren't the CMEs metal?

Comment

Working...
              X