Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Open Jam forum

Do you guys enjoy going to the Open Jam forum at all? I kinda hate it because there are too many trolls...
    My Gear
    Roland Jupiter-4
    Roland Juno 106
    Squier P-Bass

I agree. It is hard to breathe there sometimes.
    -->Marc

"Don't be afraid to try things" -Herbie Hancock

Comment

I was there a long time ago. I realized that I was ignorant to the fact that everyone was there to spew opinions and not discuss anything, so it was all a waste of time and energy.
      Tips for Buying Synths from eBay
      Replacing Soldered Battery w/ Replaceable Kind

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" Pink Floyd

Comment

too many ppm's for me to keep up
        Personal Website: LANSTARR.COM * Band: DirtyBathWater.com

Comment

Originally posted by ApolloBoy
          Do you guys enjoy going to the Open Jam forum at all? I kinda hate it because there are too many trolls...

easy solution, dont go.
          Used Dave smith instruments MEK - $900 shipped

Comment

i <3 open jam. lots of trolls!

Comment

Look at this example of silliness from the Open Jam forum...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=834772

Pathetic. Aren't these people supposed to be adults? I guess not...
              My Gear
              Roland Jupiter-4
              Roland Juno 106
              Squier P-Bass

Comment

STOP!

GOING!
                Used Dave smith instruments MEK - $900 shipped

Comment

I've opened the OJ section once, I think to take a look at that anti-Mike51 shenanigan. Never again. There's enough action in this forum for me.

Comment

It's a cesspool. Don't wade in without an asbestos biosuit. Rico Suave (TTFKA Hoddy) is a shining example - look at his postnumber.

I don't recall Open Jam pre-9/11. That's pretty much the time it got shot to hell with the politics and divisiveness. I tried jumping in a few evo/crea topics there (amazing that they still have 'm) but the idiots were too loud.
                    "Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.
                    Synthesizer Programming Megathread - add your tips & tricks or ask how to recreate sounds!

Comment

I am a recovering Open Jammer. Most of my posts came from there. I used to just copy and paste political stuf to annoy others. Then I got bored of it.
                      I’ve got a bike. you can ride it if you like.
                      It’s got a basket, a bell that rings and
                      Things to make it look good.
                      I’d give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

Comment

I don't go there often, but when I do, I have no expectations other than to perhaps have a hearty belly-laugh at something silly and juvenile...because oftentimes, I am far too serious and need a good belly-laugh. Plus, sometimes I am just amazed that there are actually human beings that write and post that stuff...crazy!

That said, I did answer a serious post regarding digital camera suggestions on there earlier today...and there was actually *valid content* in that thread. Whodathunkit?

cheers,
                        aeon
                        @>~,~~'~

Comment

I TROLL OJ ON A DAILY BASIS.
                          THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51
                            I am a recovering Open Jammer. Most of my posts came from there. I used to just copy and paste political stuf to annoy others. Then I got bored of it.

I wondered where the hell your thirteen thousand post count came from all of a sudden.

Kiru
                            "Don't sell your life! Do whatever you really want to do. You must act as the master of your life, and then become free. No matter how difficult it is, no matter how unsuccessful it might seem, do whatever you want!"
                            -- Michio Kushi

The only way to settle questions of an ideological nature or controversial issues among the people is by the democratic method, the method of discussion, of criticism, of persuasion and education, and not by the method of coercion or repression.
                            -- Mao Zedong

Comment

Giving up OJ is much like giving up smoking, it adds years to your life
                              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=73567
                              Soul On Tap
                              The Coupe De Villes
                              Chris Beard Band

current gear list:
                              Yamaha MOX8, Korg Triton, Korg CX3, Korg X2, QSC K12, Rhodes Stage '73(needs new tines), Ventilator, Reason 3

"Leave the ego, play the music, love the people.." - Luther Allison

Comment

Working...
                              X