Reason 3 Overkill for me?

Shakabrah2

• Members

Running Pro Tools LE with a Digi 002R, Tascam US2400 controller. Getting a software based synth but don't know which one. Looking for all around key patches - B3's, synths, piano, even orchestral, etc. Have a decent drum machine (Boss DR880) which I love. Reason 3? Or maybe some Native Instrument stuff? I can get R3 for $299 so that's always a factor too. Thanks.

• Members

I would go for R3 if you are after something that does everything.

Make sure you get the Electro-mechanical refill as well (free download to registered users) which will provide some of the sample sets your after.

Has a good all round collection of patches and samples. People are using it for producing music of all genres, including jazz and classical.

• Members

Originally posted by tucktronix

+1

Great if you're looking for an all-in-one workstation. You definitely got to download the Electro-mechanical Re-Fill from Propellerhead's website, those electric piano sounds are killer!

I have Reason 3 & I only use it as a Sampler. I use Digital Performer as my main recorder & sequencer. I hookup Reason with Rewire. The Electro-mechanical refill provides you with the best EP's & Clav's out there, except for maybe Logic Pro's softsynth grouping, Scarbee's or Lounge Lizard. I find Reason is like a Swiss Army knife. Multi purpose. If you want someone playing a tamborine it has a Rex file that is just killer. And of course it's analog synth modeling is wicked. The piano that comes with it is currently my best piano (I'm looking to upgrade). It's like having a bunch of tools in a toolbox!

Archived