New track! Have a go!

Sleepin' Deeper

• Members

Hey peeps,

here's a fun little number I finished recently. It's called Get on the Bus and I hope it brings a little bit of a smile to your faces and brightens up your day! And please don't take it seriously. ;)

You can follow the link in my sig or this other site, http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=43247

which ever works faster for ya'll!

Any reactions very much appreciated! :)

• Members

Originally posted by louvega

Great track! Not my style, but I liked it a lot. All good except for the voices, but thats just me
:D

What did you use to make it? If you dont mind me asking.

Sequenced in Cubase SX 2. Drums / perc with Battery and Culture, synths Motif ES and Atmosphere, voices me through a Boss VT-1.

Thanks for listening. :)

• Members

Pretty cool, think the voices are the best part, music could maybe use a little less cheese. I definately would not change the vocal just because someone thinks it's not PC. To me that are just a picture of a culture or a percieved image of a culture, that isn't automatically negative. Much of the art in the world would be lost if we threw away everything that offended someone or wasn't "PC".

Pretty Little Robot has a cool groove to it!

• Members

Originally posted by Umbra

I definately would not change the vocal just because someone thinks it's not PC. To me that are just a picture of a culture or a percieved image of a culture, that isn't automatically negative. Much of the art in the world would be lost if we threw away everything that offended someone or wasn't "PC".

what do the voices say in the song?

• Members

Originally posted by louvega

ohh thanks for clearing it.

Did you use anything to trigger the drums or was it all 'mouse generated'? The beats and breaks sound great.

I played the bongo samples with my Akai MPD16, but other than that, mighty mouse all the way on the beats. The Rhodes, and bass are all live and non-quantized*. Wanted to try and maintain that loose feel.

*Not that the parts are difficult to play. I'm no keyboardist, just a five finger poker. :)

• Members

There are some great parts in here...

this is just my opinion, and is completely subjective... and matter of taste.

Perhaps the samples play too repetitively in some parts, or maybe there are too much rave chords...

Maybe they are fine, but if there were some alterations to your dynamic processing on the vocals they would clash less ??? (the vocals parts seemd very forward on my less-than-studio worthy Logitech computer speakers here at work) But the other parts sounded fine...

All in all, I enjoyed the track all the way through, and even though it had me squirm a couple times it felt good.

Nice to put a sound to a familiar poster here on KSS.

Cheers!

• Members

Another beautiful track from Finland with love. :) I love the D & B. "I got wheels, man!" Cracks me up. :D

Towards the very end, just before the musical reprise, there is a great rhythm built on "Git yo--git yo" which is held for a few seconds and then discarded. Too bad, that could have been a great B section. ;)

• Members

Must've been lots of fun to make this.

Cool track.

Possible improvements:

-rhodes sounds rather thin to my taste

-bass & rhodes repeating similar motifs, I think there should be more interaction between the two

-outtro slightly to long

The Boss VT1 sounds like a cool toy :)

Archived