Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New track! Have a go!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New track! Have a go!

    Hey peeps,

    here's a fun little number I finished recently. It's called Get on the Bus and I hope it brings a little bit of a smile to your faces and brightens up your day! And please don't take it seriously.

    You can follow the link in my sig or this other site, http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=43247

    which ever works faster for ya'll!

    Any reactions very much appreciated!
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
    <br />
    How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
    <br />
    GEAR<br />
    <br />
    Gibson SG STD HC<br />
    Marshall JVM 205H<br />
    Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
    Roland SH 101<br />
    MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
    Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
    Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

  • #2
    Oh ****************, didn't notice. I'll link this one up into the new sticky thread!

    Thanks Dave.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
    <br />
    How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
    <br />
    GEAR<br />
    <br />
    Gibson SG STD HC<br />
    Marshall JVM 205H<br />
    Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
    Roland SH 101<br />
    MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
    Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
    Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Great track! Not my style, but I liked it a lot. All good except for the voices, but thats just me

      What did you use to make it? If you dont mind me asking.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by louvega
        Great track! Not my style, but I liked it a lot. All good except for the voices, but thats just me

        What did you use to make it? If you dont mind me asking.


        Sequenced in Cubase SX 2. Drums / perc with Battery and Culture, synths Motif ES and Atmosphere, voices me through a Boss VT-1.

        Thanks for listening.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
        <br />
        How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
        <br />
        GEAR<br />
        <br />
        Gibson SG STD HC<br />
        Marshall JVM 205H<br />
        Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
        Roland SH 101<br />
        MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
        Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
        Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

        Comment


        • #5
          drums = cool

          finnish white dude trying to keep it real like he's from harlem or something = uncool
          <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Skeezix!&quot; <br />
          - Nina from Gasoline Alley</div>

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BOBA JFET


            finnish white dude trying to keep it real like he's from harlem or something = uncool




            I hear ya brother!


            <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
            <br />
            How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
            <br />
            GEAR<br />
            <br />
            Gibson SG STD HC<br />
            Marshall JVM 205H<br />
            Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
            Roland SH 101<br />
            MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
            Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
            Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

            Comment


            • #7
              Pretty cool, think the voices are the best part, music could maybe use a little less cheese. I definately would not change the vocal just because someone thinks it's not PC. To me that are just a picture of a culture or a percieved image of a culture, that isn't automatically negative. Much of the art in the world would be lost if we threw away everything that offended someone or wasn't "PC".

              Pretty Little Robot has a cool groove to it!
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Every man makes a mountain of his life and master plan...<br />
              <br />
              Why do you persist Mr. Anderson?<br />
              <br />
              We used to joke that Chaz's pec's were rock hard and could deflect bullets, I guess not...</div>

              Comment


              • #8
                Great stuff

                I wouldn't change a think about this one. It's spot on
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote">
                <div class="quote_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Metrosonus</strong>
                <a href="showthread.php?p=46329677#post46329677" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                </div>
                <div class="message">working in a library I wish women would just come right out and say &quot;where do you keep your soft core / torture porn at?&quot; <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif" border="0" alt="" title="facepalm" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                </div>
                </div>
                </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote">
                <div class="quote_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>swardle</strong>
                <a href="showthread.php?p=46199657#post46199657" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                </div>
                <div class="message">Well, I've never seen such filth in my entire life. Disgustation!!!</div>

                </div>
                </div>
                </div> That's called pain. Get used to it.</div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  Have you made a submission for the album yet Sleepin'? Put this on it if you haven't done one already.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote">
                  <div class="quote_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                  <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                  <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Metrosonus</strong>
                  <a href="showthread.php?p=46329677#post46329677" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                  </div>
                  <div class="message">working in a library I wish women would just come right out and say &quot;where do you keep your soft core / torture porn at?&quot; <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif" border="0" alt="" title="facepalm" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                  </div>
                  </div>
                  </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote">
                  <div class="quote_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                  <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                  <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>swardle</strong>
                  <a href="showthread.php?p=46199657#post46199657" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                  </div>
                  <div class="message">Well, I've never seen such filth in my entire life. Disgustation!!!</div>

                  </div>
                  </div>
                  </div> That's called pain. Get used to it.</div>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Umbra
                    I definately would not change the vocal just because someone thinks it's not PC. To me that are just a picture of a culture or a percieved image of a culture, that isn't automatically negative. Much of the art in the world would be lost if we threw away everything that offended someone or wasn't "PC".


                    what do the voices say in the song?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by louvega


                      what do the voices say in the song?


                      From what I can tell, there are 2 guys arguing. The other prefers public transport and the other has a hard on for his pimp mobile.

                      PS: I don't have a car, and will refrain from getting one for as long as humanly possible!
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
                      <br />
                      How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
                      <br />
                      GEAR<br />
                      <br />
                      Gibson SG STD HC<br />
                      Marshall JVM 205H<br />
                      Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
                      Roland SH 101<br />
                      MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
                      Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
                      Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like it!

                        Sleepin' Deeper is on my top 5 favorite KSS artist list. I always enjoy your work.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="purple"><font size="3"><b>T</b></font><font size="2">he fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.</font></font></div>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ohh thanks for clearing it.

                          Did you use anything to trigger the drums or was it all 'mouse generated'? The beats and breaks sound great.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rjx
                            I like it!

                            Sleepin' Deeper is on my top 5 favorite KSS artist list. I always enjoy your work.


                            Thanks guy!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
                            <br />
                            How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
                            <br />
                            GEAR<br />
                            <br />
                            Gibson SG STD HC<br />
                            Marshall JVM 205H<br />
                            Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
                            Roland SH 101<br />
                            MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
                            Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
                            Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by louvega
                              ohh thanks for clearing it.

                              Did you use anything to trigger the drums or was it all 'mouse generated'? The beats and breaks sound great.


                              I played the bongo samples with my Akai MPD16, but other than that, mighty mouse all the way on the beats. The Rhodes, and bass are all live and non-quantized*. Wanted to try and maintain that loose feel.

                              *Not that the parts are difficult to play. I'm no keyboardist, just a five finger poker.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Fear: Won't keep you from dying but sure as hell keep you from living!&quot;<br />
                              <br />
                              How much wood could the wood slapper whack off jack if the wood jacker spank off could shaft wood?<br />
                              <br />
                              GEAR<br />
                              <br />
                              Gibson SG STD HC<br />
                              Marshall JVM 205H<br />
                              Clavia Nord Lead 2x<br />
                              Roland SH 101<br />
                              MacPro with Fireface 400 running Ableton Live 8<br />
                              Effects 'n pedals 'n whatnot<br />
                              Sometimes use of additional whatnot</div>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X