ach!........AKAI S3000XL SCSI Hell!!

macbeth2600

• Members

Hi- I've been banging my head off a wall and am verging on using a sledge hammer to permenantly relieve my self of the hell I'm having trying to read CDR samples from a Yamaha CDW 4416SX cd read write scsi device into my S3000XL........I really can't get this to work. The sampler seems to work fine- yes, I can sample no prob. I can save anything I sample, from a synth, say, but no joy getting samples of CDs. I have the CDR scsi connected to the AKAI. It has the designation '1' on the back of the cdr so I have set this to '1' (external)on the akai scsi menu. I have set the akai to '5' (internal)..........I hope this is right. If it is something else is wrong. The guy that I bought it from on......evilbay, has assured me that he downloaded samples on to it from some of the CDs supplied...........but I can't!!

It's great for sampling onto- quality is great- but! I really wanted to use this thing to download real drum samples- especially jazz stuff................but I'm going to start crying shortly unless I can get some sound working advice.............:freak: ........please help if you can!!........................Ken

• Members

Check that SCSI termination is applied correctly. Usually this means that the last device in the chain is terminated. That link in MartinHines' post probably discusses it.

Also, with the S6000, there was a "compatible SCSI devices" list. If the MPC is similar, you should check that your Yamaha drive is compatible.

I know, I know, SCSI is a standard, nothing should be incompatible. It's an imperfect world. :(:D

Archived