References

• Members

Hey kids,

Long time no see. I like to pop my head in now and then just to make sure Yoozer isn't screwing everything up around here... ;)

Fact of the matter is I'm doing an online trade with someone I met on the Vintage Synth forums and I need references. So if you know me and love me, post here and let him know. I'm gonna email him a link to this thread...

Thanks guys, hope you're all doing well.

/Micheal

BTW - almost forgot! I just picked up a sweet Mono/Poly today for $200 plus my old Mo' Phatt module!!! w00t w00t.

Hot fuss.

• Members

Originally posted by TheRain

I'll vouch for you Micheal... seeing as how I've hung with you. I can't believe you held on to that Mo Phatt for this long!

haha, dude what's happening! Haven't seen you in a few years. How's Seattle treating you? What'r you working on these days, music-wise?

• Members

Hey, wondering the same about you.. working on any projects these days? You can see some of what I've done this year on the myspace link in my sig. Mostly i'm working on my degree in computer science right now, focussing on low level programming and digital hardware design.

• Members

Originally posted by TheRain

Hey, wondering the same about you.. working on any projects these days? You can see some of what I've done this year on the myspace link in my sig. Mostly i'm working on my degree in computer science right now, focussing on low level programming and digital hardware design.

Nice dude... very nice. I'm doing computer virus research and network software security engineering crap at McAfee... Geek {censored}.... ;) It's not a passion, but it's a job, and it pays decent money.

Check out my latest project here:

http://www.myspace.com/poolsideanthem

• Members

Hyperjoga!

Long time no see indeed! Compsec research sounds really cool! Something I'd like to get into... but is it as scarily elite as I think it is? My impression is that the antivirus/compsec industry is almost as exclusive as National Security (no offence intended to any NS people reading ;) ).

Money matters aside, whatever happened to LSD? You guys just vanished straight after the remix comp!

-Kim.

• Members

Originally posted by Jeez

Long time no see indeed! Compsec research sounds really cool! Something I'd like to get into... but is it as scarily elite as I think it is? My impression is that the antivirus/compsec industry is almost as exclusive as National Security (no offence intended to any NS people reading
;)
).

Yeah, it is something of a difficult line of work to get into. I lucked out and got a job in engineering based on my experience at Intel (remember I don't have a degree... and many of the researchers I work with have Doctorates in CS). I did QA on our corporate Virus Scan product for a couple years, then got promoted to the position I'm in now, Virus and Exploit Lab Services Manager. hoo-haw. Basically I run three dirty network labs (Virus, Exploit, and DAT labs) and I perform all of the live infection testing for point products in North America. It sounds fancier on paper than it is in reality, I promise. :)

Money matters aside, whatever happened to LSD? You guys just vanished straight after the remix comp!

I went through 6-12 months of self inflicted torture after I got back together with a girl who cheated on me with my best friend. I didn't write music for a long time after that. Obviously it's a big, ridiculously dramatic story , but suffice it to say that I've learned a few lessons over the years. :)

What have you been up to lately? Still doing the experimental glitch/noise stuff?

• Members

Sorry to hear about your girl cheating on you. :( I guess that means no more LSD.

Originally posted by hyperjoga

What have you been up to lately? Still doing the experimental glitch/noise stuff?

Well, I just spent 6 months working on a 15 minute film called Restoration. I composed the score, as well as edited all the dialogue and designed all the other sound. It was a massive piece of work, and an awesome learning experience.

Now that's over and I've had a couple of weeks to breathe, I've got a couple of smaller collaborative projects (another film, and a MUSE-style rock piece featuring lead trombone), a psychedelic pop album I'm writing, and two or three other solo projects in the queue.

Between that, and working full time for The Government, I'm pretty busy. :p

-Kim.

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

I'd get Jamille to post on this thread, but then again i guess you meant GOOD references! Not naughty ones...

Anyways, you always seemed to be a fairly straightforward guy to me, I'd easily trust you as seller or buyer.

AK!!!

In the words of hah-mee-lay, "poop."

^_^

• Members

The whole film isn't up yet. We've only got the trailer. Did you check it out? It at least gives a flavour of the thing. Not sure when the whole thing will go up - bandwidth issues.

By the way, I always thought it was pronounced "ja-MEEL". :freak:

-Kim.

• Members

Yeah, I just checked out the trailer (didn't even realize you linked to it before!)... VERY cool stuff! Can't wait to see the whole film! ....is it just me, or was the white chick giving the asian chick the old "come to bed" eyes??? :D :D

...and yeah, her name is pronounced ja-meel... but it's funny to say hah-mee-lay cause it sounds all latino 'n chit, which she isn't. ^_^

• Members

Originally posted by hyperjoga

....is it just me, or was the white chick giving the asian chick the old "come to bed" eyes???
:D
:D

It certainly wasn't intentional, but it came out in the edit. :p Funny stuff. We had a good laugh about it on the commentry.

Shame not all the music got into the trailer. The full score has some awesome Miroslav Strings in the style of Requiem For A Dream. :love:

-Kim.

Archived