Troubles with Roland JX-10

• Members

I hope there's someone here who can help me with this issue: I recently bought a second JX-10, a bargain. It looks fabulous inside and out, not a bit like a 20 year old synth. Now here is the problem: The display is dead; when turned on all leds start flashing and no sound comes out at all. Does anybody know what's going on? I'm a DIY kind of person and could try to fix the problem if I had the chance to find out what it is and have the parts to replace. My older JX-10 works but it is so beat up that it looks like a fossil. I'm thinking of getting the best parts of both synths and make one. Thanks for any help.

• Members

hard to tell, but one posibility is your display aint completely dead, but it aint getting the juice - check the power supply, if it works up to spec. all rails. use the instrument n service manual, to see if there's anything not working right in that dept - if anythings dead or drawing too much current etc. new capacitors on power supply are always a good thing. then take it from there, trace the signal and see what aint working as its supposed to. as gibert said, checking battery is also a good idea.

theres a service manual somewhere online.. i just dont know the url right now.

• Members

Originally posted by jazzbassist220

I hope there's someone here who can help me with this issue: I recently bought a second JX-10, a bargain. It looks fabulous inside and out, not a bit like a 20 year old synth. Now here is the problem: The display is dead; when turned on all leds start flashing and no sound comes out at all. Does anybody know what's going on? I'm a DIY kind of person and could try to fix the problem if I had the chance to find out what it is and have the parts to replace. My older JX-10 works but it is so beat up that it looks like a fossil. I'm thinking of getting the best parts of both synths and make one. Thanks for any help.

Sounds like a powersupply problem to me. Sometimes a short IC pull down the entire rail's voltage. Check the main volates on the PS first.

• 10 years later...

Archived