Go away guitar players....

Umbra

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

no stay- when need to get the spirit of Jimi back up here in this bitch- maybe some of these guitar players will start to experiment more with electronics instead of rehashing the same old rock riffs over and over and over

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

Diametro, would you please keep in mind the possibility of some people who are viewing this forum at work? I'm happy to let you do your thing in the Dude thread, but please contain it to that.

Thanks
:)

That's precisely the reason why global productivity levels -- save for slave-labor China -- have been FLAT for the last three quarters ...

Do you have a problem with fat, naked lead singers? ... Would it have been better if his naughty bits were covered by a synth instead of a, um, short person ... ?

post-enginechain.jpg

I'm just pulling your chain, Yoozer.

I'll try to keep the skin to a min ... :thu:

• Members

I think the term "synth" is used too generically nowadays... I assume most guitarists and those who just need some "synth" sounds would be fine with a sample-playback keyboard. Or even a relatively inexpensive module, and a cheap MIDI keyboard. Probably not for under 100 bucks though. You could buy a controller keyboard for maybe under 40? Then buy a module like JV1010 or whatever for about 100-200?

Maybe look for an Alpha-Juno synth... they tend to go for under 150. Or you could get some recent Casio keyboard, etc.

On an unrelated note, the Clavia site has an MP3 of Nord G2 that imitates guitar amazingly well, to my ears... not sure if that's a good thing though.

• Members

You're the coolest, Don.

michelles20super20cool20poseoc3.jpg

I love the sound of synth and guitars ... but mostly when the guitar knows its place in working with the synth texture ... that's one of the reasons I think Gary Numan's Replicas-P.P-Telekon is such a triumph.

I've tried to play -- I have an acoustic -- but it takes a lot of time to get good on the keys let alone the gitar, too.

I think guitarists that are into synths too are almost as cool as Don Solaris.

Oh, wait, that didn't come out right.

Guitarists who are into synths and/or keys are a little bit cooler than Don Solaris.

boywithrobot.jpg

• Members

Guitar players are notorious for looking for shortcuts.

I'm primarily a keyboard player and I am self taught on rhythm guitar. I learned by watching my brother and listening to a lot of guitar players, and my ear knows a good guitar sound when I hear one.

Yet I never asked a guitar player for input on gear - I put the sweat into figuring it out myself.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Umbra

What's with all the guitar players showing up here all of a sudden?

"Yo man, I need a synth that does everything for $50 bucks and I wanna play it with one toe":p
;)

I told them it would be ok to come here. I said "come here anytime you want". They are reallly cool.

Im part Guitar Player.

• Members

Originally posted by Diametro

You're the coolest, Don.

I love the sound of synth and guitars ... but mostly when the guitar knows its place in working with the synth texture ... that's one of the reasons I think Gary Numan's Replicas-P.P-Telekon is such a triumph.

I've tried to play -- I have an acoustic -- but it takes a lot of time to get good on the keys let alone the gitar, too.

I think guitarists that are into synths too are almost as cool as Don Solaris.

Oh, wait, that didn't come out right.

Guitarists who are into synths and/or keys are a little bit cooler than Don Solaris.

Hugh-Hefner-Mansion.jpg

Archived