Fusion $500 at GC?

Diametro

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

After reading this thread I called my local GC and they had one left for $499. I went there to pick it up and got it for $449+ tax. I will be downloading and installing all the new upgrades and presets shortly.

:thu:

• Members

Damn, wish we had that sort of pricing round here. I played the Fusion recently for the first time and was really pleasantly surprised ( loved the VA, keybed, and the solid build, ) the only drawback being a bit longish patch load time and somewhat substandard samples...but hell, as a studio keyboard or a part of multi keyboard rig that is one hell of a deal. Ive been GASing for the damn thing ever since...

• Members

Originally posted by wheresgrant3

You sold you Fusion?
:confused:
I thought you loved that synth.

I still do. But I installed craploads of software and started to see the Fusion as redundant. So I sold it.

I see three possible outcomes:

1. Fusion 2 released at NAMM. New, sleek hardware including a color touch screen and more dedicated knobs. Includes Fusion 2.0 software, adding lots of new features including dual-filter filter types, more DSP for more inserts, sample crossfade, and a pattern-based live-ready sequencer. Sample memory is 256MB expandable to 4GB. Higher price.

2. Fusion 2.0 at NAMM - Same physical Fusion as now, but with the Fusion 2.0 software. Marketed as a new product so they can raise the price.

3. Fusion discontinued.

• Members

Basically GC is just blowing out their B-Stock Fusions. The official prices are still $999 and $1499 respectively.

Get 'em while they are hot.

Originally posted by Meatball Fulton

Funny how that works...when the Fusion was $1500 there was moderate interest. Then it fell to $1000 and there was way more interest. At $500 the crowd goes wild
:thu:

And people wonder why manufacturers discontinue "popular" instruments
:rolleyes:

• Members

Thats a killer deal while the M1 MKII offer is still going on.

I just picked one up from NovaMusik for $899 and thought I was getting a steal.

Why, oh why, did I buy before NAMM? I made the same mistake with the S90 right before the S90ES was announced.

Oh yeah, free active monitors. :thu:

• Members

Does anyone know how much of the Ion/Micron VA engine is in a Fusion? Do you still get three oscillators and all those filter options? A Fusion at $500 might make more sense than an Ion at $600, especially since new Ions have had lots of problems.

• Members

Originally posted by mrcpro

Does anyone know how much of the Ion/Micron VA engine is in a Fusion? Do you still get three oscillators and all those filter options? A Fusion at $500 might make more sense than an Ion at $600, especially since new Ions have had lots of problems.

They are very similar. Fusion only has one filter, though, and modulation and effects are probably different. Fusion has 8 LFOs, 8 EGs, and a 32-slot matrix. I forget how many inserts.

• Members

Originally posted by mrcpro

I actually like the Fusion's VA engine better than the Ion overall. There are more mod matrix sources and destinations in the Ion IIRC (been a while now since I had my Ion). There is only one filter per patch and they're not modelled on anything specifically like the Ion's are, but I think they're better. VA patches sound more animated and alive on the Fusion than the Ion IMHO. There are two buss and one insert effects per patch. Two buss and 4 inserts effects per mix.

• Members

A good deal it is. If you need a good piece of hardware, then pick it up. If you're on the fence, it may be better to wait until NAMM. I'm waiting. I think that Alesis will release something new, but based on the Fusion, in order to increase profit margins while leveraging their considerable investment in its development. You can be sure that it won't be priced under $1500, though.

• Members

The local GC has a used Fusion marked at $999. I'm going there there now to see if I can snatch it up for cheap.

Update: went to GC. Fusions are indeed $499. The guy "couldn't budge" on the $1369 used Fusion they had in the store (uh, whatever). He said all he could find was floor models from other stores... said he could get one for me, for $499.

I'm going to go over to Sam Ash to see what they say. I know the local one has new in box fusions in stock. We'll see how that goes...

The free monitors make the $499 even more appealing.

• Members

That would probably be the ...

dealofthecenturyzj9.jpg

I guess Sigourney already has a capable workstation with better monitors ...

00002hin4.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Scott, for turning the last five minutes of a sci-fi/horror film classic into soft-core panty fun.

facehuggeralvkt2.jpg

BTW, that's a mask.

• Members

Originally posted by XorAxAx

For a second there, I actually thought Sigourney Weaver was hot.

She is! ... but part of what makes her attractive (maybe "hot" IS going too far strictly in terms of looks and body) is that she actually has a MIND ... ... but she did after all inspire the famous "Working Girl" comment about her "bony ass" so beauty is in the eye of the cinematographer.

(I'll admit that's not the most flattering photo I could find of the famous "Lucky Star" sequence from "Alien." They obviously didn't take publicity stills that day 'cause the director probably didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable ... but then again, she does show her hoo-ha to Michael Caine -- and all of posterity -- in the excellent "Half Moon Street" in which she plays a high-class call-girl with, you guessed it, a mind.

Anyway ... I heard they're giving away the remaining stock of Fusions for $4.99 with purchase of a kids meal at Burger King.

Archived