X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion $500 at GC?

I can't confirm this, but sources say the Fusion 6HD can be had for $500 and the 8HD for $1,000 at Guitar Center.

Despite whatever implications this may imply, this is one HELL OF DEAL! (Even if these are clearing-out-the-orphanage prices.)

At GC online they are still listed at $1,000 and $1,500.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/home/navigation/alesis?N=100005+201116

Comment

I saw it myself at the GC in OKC. $499. All they had was the floor model. I was almost tempted to own a Fusion once again.

A blowout before NAMM?
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;One likes to believe in the freedom of music, but glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity&quot; - Rush, <i>Permanent Waves</i>, &quot;The Spirit of Radio&quot;</font></div>

Comment

After reading this thread I called my local GC and they had one left for $499. I went there to pick it up and got it for $449+ tax. I will be downloading and installing all the new upgrades and presets shortly.

:thu:

Comment

After I played it I remembered how much I liked its VA engine.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">&quot;One likes to believe in the freedom of music, but glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity&quot; - Rush, <i>Permanent Waves</i>, &quot;The Spirit of Radio&quot;</font></div>

Comment

Damn, wish we had that sort of pricing round here. I played the Fusion recently for the first time and was really pleasantly surprised ( loved the VA, keybed, and the solid build, ) the only drawback being a bit longish patch load time and somewhat substandard samples...but hell, as a studio keyboard or a part of multi keyboard rig that is one hell of a deal. Ive been GASing for the damn thing ever since...
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Two wrongs dont make a right, but three lefts do.<br />
            <br />
            Gear: Kurzweil PC3x, Korg Triton Pro, Korg N5EX, Korg Wavestation</div>

Comment

Funny how that works...when the Fusion was $1500 there was moderate interest. Then it fell to $1000 and there was way more interest. At $500 the crowd goes wild :thu:

And people wonder why manufacturers discontinue "popular" instruments
              <div class="signaturecontainer">My VCAs go to<b> 11</b></div>

Comment

(still seeking a $1.50 Oasys)

Comment

Originally posted by XorAxAx
                  I saw it myself at the GC in OKC. $499. All they had was the floor model. I was almost tempted to own a Fusion once again.

A blowout before NAMM?

You sold you Fusion? I thought you loved that synth.
                  so over this signature BS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wheresgrant3
                    You sold you Fusion? I thought you loved that synth.

I still do. But I installed craploads of software and started to see the Fusion as redundant. So I sold it.

I see three possible outcomes:

1. Fusion 2 released at NAMM. New, sleek hardware including a color touch screen and more dedicated knobs. Includes Fusion 2.0 software, adding lots of new features including dual-filter filter types, more DSP for more inserts, sample crossfade, and a pattern-based live-ready sequencer. Sample memory is 256MB expandable to 4GB. Higher price.

2. Fusion 2.0 at NAMM - Same physical Fusion as now, but with the Fusion 2.0 software. Marketed as a new product so they can raise the price.

3. Fusion discontinued.

Comment

GOing on a tangent...

How's the sequencer for composing entire songs compared to a Triton? Is the workflow better than the Motif or Fantom?
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">____<br />
                      ______<br />
                      <br />
                      <b><font size="1"> &quot;It’s got to reflect a personality, rather than a quantized performance. Despite the technological revolution that’s been going on over the past few years, it’s not like we’re sitting around saying, ‘Wow... much better records are being made.’” - Atticus Ross</font><br />
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      <i><font size="1">Pumps from my Heart {+}{}{+}{} Filtered through my Mind ~-~-&gt;<br />
                      <br />
                      But yet I need more Cowbell</font></i><br />
                      <br />
                      </b><br />
                      <br />
                      <font size="1">if you never read my signature, you'll never know how I sign my name</font></div>

Comment

Basically GC is just blowing out their B-Stock Fusions. The official prices are still $999 and $1499 respectively.

Get 'em while they are hot.

Originally posted by Meatball Fulton
                        Funny how that works...when the Fusion was $1500 there was moderate interest. Then it fell to $1000 and there was way more interest. At $500 the crowd goes wild :thu:

And people wonder why manufacturers discontinue "popular" instruments

Comment

Thats a killer deal while the M1 MKII offer is still going on.

I just picked one up from NovaMusik for $899 and thought I was getting a steal.

Why, oh why, did I buy before NAMM? I made the same mistake with the S90 right before the S90ES was announced.

Oh yeah, free active monitors. :thu:
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i>Good transactions with: wheresgrant3, Fender Picker, natasmi</i><br />
                          <font color="DarkRed">member of the sg army</font></font></div>

Comment

Does anyone know how much of the Ion/Micron VA engine is in a Fusion? Do you still get three oscillators and all those filter options? A Fusion at $500 might make more sense than an Ion at $600, especially since new Ions have had lots of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcpro
                              Does anyone know how much of the Ion/Micron VA engine is in a Fusion? Do you still get three oscillators and all those filter options? A Fusion at $500 might make more sense than an Ion at $600, especially since new Ions have had lots of problems.

They are very similar. Fusion only has one filter, though, and modulation and effects are probably different. Fusion has 8 LFOs, 8 EGs, and a 32-slot matrix. I forget how many inserts.

Comment

Working...
                              X