Roland SR-JV80-04 Vintage Synth

• Members

Yet another sought-after card - I've always been surprised with the realism of some of the waveforms and patches contained in this board

SR-JV80-04_small.jpg

Some audio examples:

010 CS-Sixty BPF a quacky, resonant analog emulation

038 Random Pad a moving S/H pad that screams '70s avant-garde

097 JP8 Strings1 classic soft Jupiter-8 string pad

108 Solina a really good Solina String Ensemble representation

119 LonesomeHill melancholic psychedelic

190 Odyssee Bs convincing ARP emulation

more: http://www.synthmania.com/sr-jv80-04.htm

__

• Members

Yet another sought-after card - I've always been surprised with the realism of some of the waveforms and patches contained in this board

I lost track of your other thread about the Keyboards of the 60s and 70s card. I had a quick question about your mp3 samples:

1) which board/module do you have the boards installed in?

2) the leslie sim on the 60s & 70s card is a lot better than I remember it, is that programmed into the patches and activated via the mod wheel?

thanks,

Bill

• Members

2) the leslie sim on the 60s & 70s card is a lot better than I remember it, is that programmed into the patches and activated via the mod wheel?

thanks,

Bill

Many of the B3 waveforms in that board (and Roland's SRX-07) were sampled with a B3 and Leslie as a unit, with both slow and fast versions. You crossfade between waveforms with the paddle (not the best because it won't hold), a pedal, or whatever. I crossfade with the D-Beam on my Fantom S (finally found a use for it.)

They are still great waveforms for live. Full held chords sound a little messy at fast speed because the Leslie effect doesn't sync up across the key range like it would if it were a sim or real. Leads, stacatto stabs, they're pretty good.

• Members

I lost track of your other thread about the Keyboards of the 60s and 70s card. I had a quick question about your mp3 samples:

1) which board/module do you have the boards installed in?

thanks,

Bill

1) Roland JV-2080 module

2) both - in some patches it's crossfaded between slow and fast multisample sets, but also they use the "Rotary" effect on board.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Anybody in the UK that wants to buy a

SR-JV80-04 ??

i put a bid on one at ebay but i already have

it, dont need 2 :p

anyone wants to overbid me?? 4 days left anyway..

the dude selling it sends to europe to =)

Archived