jp-8000 LFO2 modulation

MrVeg

• Members

Hi,

Recently bought a JP-8000 and loving it. One probem tho - doesn't seem to matter whether I set the LFO2 depth select to pitch, filter or amp, when I push up the lever the modulation always sounds the same, kinda vibrato. Rate and depth knobs work OK but this is puzzling me. When I got it I had to do the lever/ribbon reset so don't know if there's a similar reset for the depth select?? Op system is 1.2 but I've heard horror stories about upgrading so I'm hoping no one suggests that!

• Members

one possibility: you're playing in dual mode (2 patches at once) but the panel is only set to edit one...press the upper/lower buttons at the same time to edit both patches at the same time. this is on a jp8080 btw, but i'm pretty sure its the same.

• Members

Thanks, but no joy so far. Then again after all this Christmas beer I'm not sure my hearing is so good right now :freak:

I think my basic lack of knowledge of the machine isn't helping, but I tried playing aroung with the dual edit settings and couldn't perceive any difference. Now I listen more closely I can tell that it's only the pitch that gets modulated, even if the depth select is on filter or amp. I've done all the factory resets that I know about and still no prize.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

I realize that this is a very old threat. But I had the same problem at first contact with my JP8000. It took me a while figure it out: The key is to understand the function of the "Depth Select"-button. This does NOT assign one out of the three possible modulation destinations to the mod-stick. Instead, it is possible to modulate pitch, filter and amp all at the same time. The "Depth Select"-button selects one of the three edit layers for the "Depth" rotary knob. So when you select "pitch", you can dial in the depth of modulation of the pitch. When you select filter, you can dial in the amount of cutoff modulation and so on. So to get rid of any vibrato effect just select "pitch" and set the depth know to zero (twelve o' clock).

Archived