Weeeeeee V-Synth

psychematic

• Members

I've been spending more time with my V-Synth and I have to say it's one-of-a-kind. Its playing surface offers things no software can touch (pun!). That time-trip and waving your hand around the light does things that are outright sick. Setting up an arp and using both hands on those control surfaces to warp time and pitch takes things to a new level where complicated sound programming really isn't an issue anymore to get unheard of tones and wicked rhythms.

The V-Synth is the Wii of the synth world.

• Members

Word. I like Shpongle a lot. Seriously creative stuff. What other Simon Posford projects would you recommend to a Shpongle fan?

Both Hallucinogen albums are masterpieces, along with the first Shpongle... didn't care for the last two Shpongle, though.

Ott's remix of Hallucinogen is great too. Also like Younger Brother and Celtic Cross.

• Members

I hate to bring this up AGAIN ... but I scored one for $600 off this very forum ...

One of the MANY things I love about the V-Synth is the huge number of params assignable to the X-Y pad and D-Beams ...

It's also beautifully constructed and designed ... and its sound occupies a useful, unique zone in my music making ... Can't imagine getting rid of it ... (Though I've barely even begun to really dig in yet ... )

Archived