Best cheap, versatile keyboard, $200-$275 max

BlueJames

• Members

product1_4267.jpg

I have one in my studio. Great tone, but the interface seems a little cheap. :idk:

But in terms of bang for the buck...hands down. The paint on the built-in vocoder mic chips a little bit, but nothing serious.

The dimensions of that model are odd so I got a custom keyboard cover made to keep the mic paint from getting in the keys and messing with the contacts.

Happy shopping! :wave:

• Members

For versatility and price, I'd grab an Alesis QS 6 off ebay...should be easy to find one in good shape in the price range you mentioned. Ensoniq SQ-1 was a good board that maybe would be in that price range if you could find one. What kinds of sounds are you going to concentrate on thru that guitar amp ?

• Members

a new xiosynth is $299 at most places- it wouldn't be hard to find one for $275- it's a polyphonic synth with VA waveforms as well as a few digital sounds- an arpegiattor/and gate sequencer- and a full FX section- plus it has huge bass and filters with overdrive

• Members

If you're going to run it through a guitar amp, you could use a big Casio and it would sound wild. You DID say cheapie. I used to use a Peavey Classic Twin with my first Realistic MG1 and Opus 3. It wasn't good for the speakers but it was a tube amp and sounded cool.

A Korg DW6000 or 8000 would be cool as well.

Archived