MPC Midi problems---- Million Dollar Question

Enzo

• Members

MPC 2000XL: I connected midi in and out out of the MPC into my midi sport into my computer. When I hit a pad inside of logic while the midi channel is armed....Midi data then spews out of control inside logic....and it doesnt stop untill i unarm the track or stop the mpc from sending data!!! I dont understand it because my triton doesnt do it...Also, I called my friend and he says I have to turn of the midi thru in the MPC, i dont know where that IS!!!!

Also...I used MMC with the MPC and anytime i hit Fast forward (or Locate) It sends time back before the one...like -8.1.1.1 instead of 1.1.1.1. its weird....I dont understand it.

Guest Anonymous

Why are running Midi in and out of Logic? Are you going to use the MPC as your main sequencer to trigger Logic synths or do you just want Logic to record Midi data the MPC is sending? Either way turn off Midi thru or Midi Echo. I read somewhere that MMC is sent early to control tape recorders and such. Always trigger your MPC with MTC or Midi Beat Clock.

:thu:

• Members

Why are running Midi in and out of Logic? Are you going to use the MPC as your main sequencer to trigger Logic synths or do you just want Logic to record Midi data the MPC is sending? Either way turn off Midi thru or Midi Echo. I read somewhere that MMC is sent early to control tape recorders and such. Always trigger your MPC with MTC or Midi Beat Clock.

:thu:

Thank you guys but Yes I wanted to record midi data! it's funny because that problem doesnt happen with the Korg or the Motif! I'll look around---- another thing is how do i sequence everything with the MPC, i dont think you can trigger logic to record with the MPC can you??? Also if I am going to sequence inside of MPC...In order for it to work with my logic, anytime I hit "RECORD" on the mpc to do a drum track, it tells me "waiting for midi beat clock" and I hit the space bar in logic, and it starts...but it doesnt give me a count in...Any ideas??? also when I hit fast farward or Rewind...it goes to SMPTE 00:59:42..... inside of logic...so i have to wait for it to get back on the 1.1.1.1 to play what's inside of logic....i cant even fast farward...im so confused...i can only fast farward inside of logic, which will trigger the mpc. but i would like to properly fast farward using MMC

• Members

lolol Thaannnnk you alll for helping me...I turned Midi thru off! it works! Now what I am trying to do is use the record button on my motif to trigger record inside of logic, any ideas???

I don't have a 2000XL.. i have a 4000. So I can't give you the specifics (but it seems the Million dollars is for an earlier poster so it doesn't matter ).. :)

but it's called MMC or Midi Machine Control. In my "Midi" page on the 4000, I turn it on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_Machine_Control

Dave

• Members

if record control ha to do with sys Ex, isnt that with midi thru..lolol...I just want to control the transport with my Motif XS specifically RECORD---- im so confused....the motif XS is so weirdly made...

• Members

Local MIDI is the ability to play the sounds LOCALLY- like playing the keys or hitting the pads. When you turn LOCAL off you can only trigger sounds thru the computer, whether it be triggered by the unit in question or another MIDI device. This is essential if you wish to avoid a MIDI feedback loop.Also you might want to filter out "active sensing" or disable the transmission of unneeded CC data from the MPC.

Archived