PROTEUS 2000 INSTALLING ROM

Riddim Machine

• Members

Other than cleaning the contacts and making sure it's seated properly, check that the ROMs are in correct order. I think they have to fill slots 1 to 4 in that order with no gaps. Also, see if you can test it in someone else's Proteus/Command Station.

There are a couple of guys on Vintage Synth Explorers who have technical experience with the Proteus lineup. Go on the "help needed" forum and ask. If someone named "23" responds, it'll likely be useful info.

• Members

Welcome to KSS, Riddim Machine!

Try downloading the manual for your E-mu synth from emu.com. For my MP-7 there is an appendix that shows one exactly how to install the ROMs, and I assume there is a similar appendix at the end of your Proteus 2000 manual. If that doesn't work, give them a call; they have always been helpful to me (I hope that Scott is still there). If all else fails, perhaps you have a defective ROM or defective Proteus?

• Members

The roms do not have to fill the slots in order, make sure they have "clicked in" , after you plug the unit in and nothing, try the other slots. If nothing I would think that the rom has been damaged. There are a few on here that have Emu modules and you could send the rom to them to test if there is no one else close to you with one. At one time I had an Orbit 3, Classic Keys and an xk-6 kybd all full of various roms.

• Members

Anyone out there have some knowledge on installing rom in Proteus 2000? I installed a XL7 version 2, the Proteus 2000 recognises it but said,
"NOT INSTALLED".
How can i get this thing to work. HELP!!!

When my EMU Virtuoso said that it was because I WAS searching an empty slot- there WASN'T anything installed (but it was installed in another location). Not sure if its the same issue, but it I eventually found the right preset config to locate it. I just don't remember much cause that was years ago. You may be ok...

Sorry, not much help but a little hope. I sold that POS fully expanded....

• Members

I just happened across the install instructions for my P2K. According to instructions, if the new ROM presets are NOT available after repowering the unit you are to disconnect power and start over from step one, reseating the ROM. ROMS can go into any available slot. The unit should be unplugged and you should be grounded when doing the install. The say to call them if not working - 831-438-1921 (US). That phone number might be outdated.

• Members

Like others suggested you may have a bad rom. If all other roms work and thats the only one that doesn't. I would take all roms out but that one and try just it. I have a bunch of E-MU romplers and rom's and never had any issue... Where are you located you can test it in my MP-7 or my Planet Earth.... Good luck.

Archived