Serge Modular Webpages are up now...

carbon111

• Members

you still havent told us what you're getting in return, NOR have you denied getting reimbursed
;)

What I get is to be one of the first people to play with, explore and review the "Creature"!

I think I was offered the chance because of how familiar I am with the Serge paradigm and functionality and could give some external perspective on it. Plus, I've had a long history with it and my unabashed affection for the Serge is no secret :D

My love of the Serge system started 25 years ago when I saw that Keyboard magazine was offering a very weird-looking modular synthesizer that I'd never heard of in their summer giveaway. The more I found out about it, the more intrigued I became, here was something open-ended with functionality like nothing else...

By about 1997, I had a sheaf of Serge module descriptions, photos of peoples panels and diagrams and self-concieved "made up" systems about an inch thick. :love:

By 2003, I was finally able to afford a Serge modular! The Dedicated pages went up not too long after, joining the huge Microwave XT resource site already there. Basically the online resources for the Serge were very meager other than EGRES which didn't have the kind of things I personally had been looking for at the time. So I filled the void myself as I've done for the aformentioned Microwave XT and many other wonderful synths like the Korg Lambda, EDP Wasp and Ensoniq VFX and Fizmo.

I do in-depth webpages for synths I love and have been doing so for about a decade. Most of the synths showcased are no longer in production.

Quite simply, I love the Serge Modular and relish sharing it with anyone who is interested.

I don't make a penny off my site or any of my synth pages. As you can see, there is no advertising whatsoever, no banners, no click-throughs, not even an ID for my host. No manufacturer has given me a discount of any kind.

Later this year, I expect to have an in-dept page up on the Solaris. I paid the full preorder price just like everybody else.

• Members

No, unfortunately, the photos aren't mine, they're promos STS provided to the Serge Forum...my M-boat is empty on one side.

I am hoping to get to test a Gator in conjunction with the Creature and things look promising in that regard. The two together would make a great 17" x 7" "laptop modular" (as I mentioned in the other thread) because the power distribution is inside the M-boat and the new PS2a power supply is very compact with a long cord. I think this looks like great fun to drag to a friend's house:

m_boat.jpg

As I've said elsewhere, I think these are all some of the coolest things to happen to Serge in two decades! :love:

Archived