Roland U-110 ROM Cards?

• Members

Ok, the U-110 is a bit ancient, but it still brings back memories of my film scoring at college. I have fond memories of the String patches which i used alot. The onboard demo 'Cloud 9' is pure heaven.

I can pick one of these suckers up real cheap.

Ive never used any of the add on ROM cards, but always wondered what

Orchestral Strings SN-U110-05 sounded like.

Is it worth tracking down?

• Members

I had a U-20 and the Guitar, Strings, and Rock Drums cards. The strings were quite good and has some really nice pizzacato samples too. It also has a harp sample if I recall. I think for the current price you can get these, it's worth it. The Rock Drums card has some really nice sounds on it too. I think the U-20's onboard drums were quite good and this card compliments it very well and adds some great electronic samples as well.

• Members

You should skip the U-110 and go straight for a U-220.

You'll get the same rom sample selection of the U-110 with 1 meg of additionnal sample (available on 2 rom card for the U-110, the SNU-08 and 9 if my memory is correct). These additional selection is quite good.

The U-220 also got a much cleaner output, with the addition of a real chorus and reverb unit, the LCD screen is also better and bigger.

You loose 2 card slot however with the 220.

The Drums card is very good and was a must for me with a nice selection of acoustic and electronic sounds. I also had the electric guitar card, the sounds were not spectacular but I used the additional outs of the 220 to route the electric guitar sounds trought the analog distortion of my SE-70 and that was great.

I sold my U-220 many years ago but I still have the SE-70 and will keep it.

Archived