Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TI Polar leds

Fooling with a Polar at local GC the other day. Cool instrument but I noticed that the white leds are absolutely blinding. I couldn't read the panel without using one hand to shield my eyes. Is there a way to dim those leds?
    Kurz PC3X, Novation Remote 61-SL, Sonar 8, bunch of soft synths

Fooling with a Polar at local GC the other day. Cool instrument but I noticed that the white leds are absolutely blinding. I couldn't read the panel without using one hand to shield my eyes. Is there a way to dim those leds?

Yes.

Comment

There's a setting in one of the Config menus to control the brightness.

Oddly enough, though, the BPM led on my Virus has always been dark, never figured out how to get it to light.
      Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

There's a setting in one of the Config menus to control the brightness.

Oddly enough, though, the BPM led on my Virus has always been dark, never figured out how to get it to light.

On the TI, there's a "BPM Brightness" parameter on the same menu page (CONFIG System 3/6) as the "LED Lux" parameter.
        -------------------------------
        Michael
        Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
        27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
        http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

On the TI, there's a "BPM Brightness" parameter on the same menu page (CONFIG System 3/6) as the "LED Lux" parameter.

Yes, I know, and I've got it maxed out at 100%. Turning it down affects the LFO LEDS, but the BPM LED never, ever blinks.

I see there's an LED between the Sub Osc Volume and Osc Volume knobs in the middle of the Virus logo, too. That LED has never ever lit, either. What's it for?
          Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

Great board, looks good, but man is it pricy! I fiddled with on at GC last weekend and liked it.

Comment

I see there's an LED between the Sub Osc Volume and Osc Volume knobs in the middle of the Virus logo, too. That LED has never ever lit, either. What's it for?

When I turn the OSC BALANCE or OSC VOLUME knob to the 12 O'clock position (value of zero) this LED lights up for a couple of seconds.
              -------------------------------
              Michael
              Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
              27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
              http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

That LED between sub-osc and osc vol tells you when a knob turn or parameter is back at the saved patch value.
                For effects, guitars, synths and other electronic audio devices reviews visit my blog at:www.dracotek.net

Comment

Working...
                X