How do you replace the internal Battery on a Korg M1?

• Members

thread title pretty much says it all...the internal battery on my korg M1 gave out. it's giving me the "Warning: Low Battery (internal)" every time it starts up, and all the internal sounds are gone.

Anyone ever replaced the internal battery? Anywhere i can find directions? I searched this site to no avail. Know what type of battery it is? Or is this something i can't do so i should take it in to the local store (which unfortunately requires *time* and probably a lot more money)?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

(since this is my first post in the keyboard forum, here's my setup: juno 106 with bad voice chips, M1 with a dead internal battery, :mad:, ensoniq eps-16, korg vs rack, two alesis mmt-8 sequencers, novation drumstation, and so forth. there, now i belong!)

• Members

you're my hero!!

Wow, that was easy. :)

Just be careful of static charges. Don't run across the carpet and then touch the M1's innards, or the result might be :cry:. If the air in the room you're working in is very dry, discharge yourself to something metal other than the M1 before touching it. You might even consider wearing cotton clothing (as opposed to synthetics) while you're working on the M1. Otherwise, changing the battery is pretty straightforward.

• Members

The M1 doesn't have presets stored in ROM.

Venturawest, what are you missing to do a SysEx transfer? You seem to have access to a computer :) , so the only hardware issue could be a MIDI interface. On the software side, the factory preset files can be had, and programs that will do SysEx loading are readily available.

• 8 years later...

Archived