polysix vs. R3?

• Members

Anyone have insight into the differences between a Korg Polysix and a Korg R3? I'm tempted to buy the R3 now that there is a $200 rebate. But is it worth spending $150 more to get a Polysix?

What are the differences? I don't know much about synths. This would be my first one.

Thanks,

Noah

• Members

I'm just going to say it, you can't compare these 2 synths. The Poly6 is analog and the R3 is digital. If you want synthetic sounds get the R3. If you want raw analog, then Poly6. If you have no other synths, get the R3.

• Members

Assuming this isn't a troll you'd probably be further ahead with an R3 if you're a beginner. The Poly 6 is a nice synth, but it doesn't have MIDI, which means you can't use it to control other synths, use it with a sequencer and so on, and its 25 years old. The battery used for powering the patch memory in the Poly 6 is prone to leakage, which can damage the circuit boards in very expensive to repair ways.

• Members

Anyone have insight into the differences between a Korg Polysix and a Korg R3? I'm tempted to buy the R3 now that there is a $200 rebate. But is it worth spending $150 more to get a Polysix?

What are the differences? I don't know much about synths. This would be my first one.

In that case i think you should better get the R3.

:wave:

Guest Anonymous

I had a R3 and sold it before the rebates hit for more than they are now after rebate. Go git it boi.

:poke:

• Members

Anyone have insight into the differences between a Korg Polysix and a Korg R3?

Let's answer this anyway, then ;).

Left: Polysix / Right: R3.

Oscillators: 1 (plus sub) / 2

Polyphony: 6 voices / 8 voices

MIDI: no / yes

Waveforms: basic (saw, pulse) / basic + DWGS (digital) + formant (records what you say)

External inputs for audio: no / yes

Memory: 32 patches / 128 patches

Filter: single lowpass / dual multimode

Effects: ensemble, chorus, unison / delay, reverb, chorus, distortion, vocoder, etc.

Archived