Any Ensoniq gurus out there?

• Members

I just bought an old MR-61 on a whim--now I love it for gigs, EXCEPT for the acoustic guitar sounds (and the weight :eek:). I have the Dance expansion model (?)--great synth sounds, but not much help in my band situation. I cover bass and rhythm or pads/synth behind the lead guitar and drums (split patches). Can anyone please share a good acoustic guitar patch with me, or direct me where to find available sound banks? Thanx :thu:

• Members

I own the MR-Rack which is the same sound engine with the Perfect Piano Installed. Also own a ZR-76 which is the same with 2 megs of drums in addition. I have always liked the sound engine, but agree that the acoustic guitars just don't work that well., but I am a guitar player so I am never very happy with synth guitar. I have used the electric as a kind of pad, though and it works in the right mix for recording. Programming these boards is not easy for me, although tweaking is - for EQ, FX, etc.

Check out Syntaur for sounds.

I don't have much time now, but I will find some other links. Sonic State is a resource, and there is a nice Yahoo group dedicated to the MR/ZR series. I recommend that - good folks there, but I have not participated in a while.

Also www.thesoniq.com is an excellent resource for parts and gear.

Archived