Daft Punk: What do they do?

Thanaan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Daft Punk: What do they do?

Basically... they play records from 70's, add EQ and run track though a compressor.

Just kidding... :lol:

... or maybe not. ;)

Anyway, i like their selection of music they'll sample and edit. Hats off for that part. And the production is fantastic. :thu:

• Members

Basically... they play records from 70's, add EQ and run track though a compressor.

Just kidding...
:lol:

... or maybe not.
;)

Anyway, i like their selection of music they'll sample and edit. Hats off for that part. And the production is fantastic.
:thu:

That's true, even though their biggest hits are basically remixes, they still rock.

• Members

they make lots of money. i caught them last year in Berkeley, they were fantastic! they clearly don't do anything live, maybe turn the filter cutoff on a Mini RME but the most importing thing they do is press play.

still, i've seen tons of live acts and their show last year was easily one of the funnest parties and an amazing light show!

daft.jpg

• Members

"A magnificent, opulent, tremendous, stupendous, gargantuan, bedazzlement, a sensual ravishment. It will be: Spectacular Spectacular."

A great multimedia light show, loud dance music, and two french guys in lighted motorcycle helmets pretending they're robots. Rave++.

• Members

IMO Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers are the sound of 2000s. As Don said, I believe they highly compress their material. Some filtering wizardness as well.

sound of the 90's you mean.

as for what they do live, If you know their music pretty well, and have listened to enough of the bootlegs/ stuff on youtube of their new style live sets, and are familiar at all with ableton live, you can get a sense of what they are actually doing on stage. its not a whole lot, but its certainly more than pressing play. I liken it to a DJ set where they have 5 beat synced turntables going at any given time. They are really controlling the structure more than performing individual parts. but when you think about electronic music, this is actually a far more interesting way of presenting work on stage.

• Members

That about sums it up. Set them on a table w/o the fancy stage set up, and they're nothing spectacular.

i don't feel they performed when i saw them but it was fun as hell. see them live, it's dance music you know? i feel they put on the best show of any electronica act i've seen- better than people like the chemical bros, the orb, autechre,

• Members

They use 4 minimoog voyager racks, 2 jazzmutant lemurs, allot of pedals, and a bunch of more expensive gear, and. I am the person to ask. I am a top member of the Daft Club my friend. They use the jazzmutants for sampling and stuff. So many people think they play pre recorded songs but they don't.

daft-1.jpg

Archived