Apple/Mac gripes....

midi

• Members

Anybody still use these things? I mainly work on PCs but a friend wanted me to help upgrade his G4 and I'm like WTF? :confused:

These things are pieces of crap - why does Apple make such over-priced cheap gear? :mad:

I know some people like them but compared to Windows based machines their a nightmare. :cop:

These 3 letters me no like:

ATI

AMD

MAC

• Members

Anybody still use these things? I mainly work on PCs but a friend wanted me to help upgrade his G4 and I'm like WTF?
:confused:

These things are pieces of crap - why does Apple make such over-priced cheap gear?
:mad:

I know some people like them but compared to Windows based machines their a nightmare.
:cop:

These 3 letters me no like:

ATI

AMD

MAC

well it seems you have a well crafted and thought out arguement. I agree macs suck...I cant imagine also why anyone would want to use Roland...they make such overpriced products...they are just crap. :rolleyes:

• Members

In the end, it comes down to Nvidia screwing up badly on package engineering and testing, then trying as best they can to bury the problem while passing the buck. It appears that every Nvidia 65nm and 55nm part with high lead bumps and/or low Tg underfill are defective, it is just a question of how defective they are, and when they will die.

Why Nvidia's Chips Are Defective By Charlie Demerjian: Monday, 01 September 2008, 7:00 PM

• Members

Why Nvidia's Chips Are Defective By Charlie Demerjian: Monday, 01 September 2008, 7:00 PM

Don't take anything written by internet rags like The Inquirer too seriously.. it's the tech equivalent of the tabloid newspaper..

That particular journalist seems to take a consistently anti Nvidia stance for whatever reason. Maybe they pissed him off by not offering a freebie trip to a certain event or something - who knows. Either way, he consistently comes at things from the same "anti" angle. EG Recent Vista crash figures show Nvidia causing 48% of crashes, Intel 31% and ATI 19%. So he talks about how unstable Nvidia is, whilst completely ignoring that those numbers are somewhat meaningless unless you know the percentage of users who use the hardware. If both Nvidia and Intel have a higher percentage of the market than ATi, they're likely to have a higher percentage of crashes even if the reality was their drivers were more stable on average.

Likewise, with those Nvidia chip problems, there doesn't appear to be a greater failure rate for Nvidia parts than ATi parts, except in specific laptop scenarios were the chip can't be adequately cooled. But you wouldn't think that when you read that article..

As for troll posts ..The Mac is usually over priced, but tends to use lower to higher mid end hardware components. The quality is no better (or worse) than something like a (non-cheapo) Dell, except for the design aspects which some prefer. Although I would say, if you want a robust laptop, you can do better elsewhere than Apple, but that won't do you much good if you need to use OSX, and installing a hacked OSX yourself isn't an option for the "average" user.

• Members

15" 1Ghz G4 Powerbook. 6 years old. 3 trips to the Middle East. More reliable than my G5 tower. Mac OSX 10.4.11. Only 2 repairs have ever been needed.

1. Reconnect and secure the video cable.

2. Replace the battery.

My Windows PC was office spaced in my backyard after receiving and getting familiar with this laptop. My windows use was put to rest in the spring of 2002 in Bury St Edmunds, England. :)

I will not bother with a windows computer for my personal business or pleasure again!

• Members

A 30% loss in stock value overnight speaks for itself, tabloid or not.

what does that have to do with the quality of a product...so the company that sells the most product has the best product...:rolleyes:

so much for boutique companies...guess they are just {censored}e....in a way I suppose Apple is the largest ever boutique company!

• Members

I have left PC Windows for several reasons, unstability, bluescreen, Inefficiency for driving software and so on.

When I got my first Mac about 7 years ago I was blown away how good it all worked and I could not understand why I dissed Macs and OS X, yes I have also talked {censored} about Macs and the users.

I think the majority of people who hate Mac and OS X have not even used it once.

About the overpriced claim, if you compare the specs and components quality, Macs are not more expensive than PC, and in my eyes they are far more handsome to look at.

I have not seen a PC like iMac or the old eMac, small and powerful, so how come?

It is well known that Mac OS X (Unix) and Linux is far more efficient than Windows, and more stable.

So why this sad thread? because of insufficient knowledge I think!

If you like your Windows and PC then it is ok for me, but dont wright crap that you dont know anything of!

I at least tested a Mac 7 years ago to see what it was, and I have never looked back again!

In all years with Mac and OS X the computer has never failed on me once.

Take a look in professional studios and I can almost guarantee you will se a Mac and OS X, and more and more science is using macs and OS X for stability.

This is only my point of view!

:thu:;)

• Members

what does that have to do with the quality of a product...so the company that sells the most product has the best product...
:rolleyes:
so much for boutique companies...guess they are just {censored}e....in a way I suppose Apple is the largest ever boutique company!

Well from the article I read about Nvidia's design flaws, pretty lame engineering at that company. Granted I didn't realize it was from the Inquirer and that the author has some kind of personal beef with Nvidia, it just showed up in my mailbox. :o

Archived