Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite chorus (onboard or standalone)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite chorus (onboard or standalone)

I would like to learn your opinions on this topic. Honestly I didn't hear too much chorus choices, but I think Juno-106 chorus is the sweetest, thickest, warmest and lushest, blah blah chorus to my taste. Digitals are okay to a certain extent, but nowhere near to the Juno chorus. Surprisingly, cheap Behringer Virtualizer Pro has some lusher than lush algorithms. I have a Boss CE-5 as well, but it doesn't taste that delicious on synths. Any idea on this? Or is there a rack format unit that does synth oriented chorus quite well (in a Juno way) and easy to find?
    Alesis A6 Andromeda SCI Prophet-5 Korg Trident Roland Juno 106/60 DSI PolyEvolver Rack Moog Little Phatty Vermona Synthesizer Yamaha DX-7 Casio CZ-3000 Roland D-50 Nord Lead-3 Roland XV-5080 Korg WaveStation AD Yamaha A5000 Sampler Crumar Orchestrator Roland M480 Presonus Comp16&EQ3B

CE-2

Comment

Rack chorus I really like the Korg SDD-3300 or SDD-1200.

Boss made a CE-300 rackmount chorus that is like the stomp boxes, but it is designed for low level signals like guitar and it doesn't like line level stuff like synths. You need a level shifter or you will distort the box.
      this sig no verb

Comment

Rack chorus I really like the Korg SDD-3300 or SDD-1200.

Boss made a CE-300 rackmount chorus that is like the stomp boxes, but it is designed for low level signals like guitar and it doesn't like line level stuff like synths. You need a level shifter or you will distort the box.

Strangely, my CE-5 tends to work with giutars, but not with my synths. If those Korg choruses are vintage, I have to look at the ebay auctions.
        Edit: SDD-3300 is mentioned as a triple digital delay. It must have extra chorus maybe...
        Alesis A6 Andromeda SCI Prophet-5 Korg Trident Roland Juno 106/60 DSI PolyEvolver Rack Moog Little Phatty Vermona Synthesizer Yamaha DX-7 Casio CZ-3000 Roland D-50 Nord Lead-3 Roland XV-5080 Korg WaveStation AD Yamaha A5000 Sampler Crumar Orchestrator Roland M480 Presonus Comp16&EQ3B

Comment

The favorite Chorus machine these days is my Roland SDX-330. It can do a lot and really sounds warm and spacious.

Comment

Ableton Live's Chorus.
            https://soundcloud.com/jersey-blokeDSI Mopho X4Elektron Analog FourAkai MPC 2500StudioLive 16.0.2 Digital MixerAllen & Heath Xone VF-1 Analog Stereo FilterStudio One V2.5 Professional EditionAbleton Live 9 Standard

Comment

Chanticleer.
              Gear list for enhanced credibility: Roland Jupiter-6, Yamaha S-08, Alesis Fusion 6HD, Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08, E-mu XBoard 49

Comment

I've always liked the chorus on Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Great bridge too.

Originally posted by p120dUdE
                These are family forums, and many young kids come here and read them.

I am sure there will be no problems, but if there is, my moderation team will take action.

Originally posted by ChasIII
                Im so sick of keyboards. All this keyboard stuff people always use. All this keyboard synth talk all the time. I'm done with it. Never again.

Im thinking that at some point I will have to stop this and start doing other things. Any thoughts, feelings, or ideas?

Comment

Ableton Live's Chorus.

Given that I am a Cubase user, can't verify its sweetness

SDX-330 is worth checking as well.

@ eric: the chorus brand must be Tears For Fears Inc.

Comment

For

Comment

That's an easy one :
                      the chorus in the Roland MKS-20 ofcoarse

Comment

That's an easy one :
                        the chorus in the Roland MKS-20 ofcoarse

Hmmm it must be in the Juno family

@ CM: Let's check CE-1 also.

Comment

I've always liked the chorus on Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Great bridge too.

Slight tangent, and in full acknowledgement of Eric's riff on the ambiguity of the word chorus, I say this:

The middle of TFF's Head Over Heels track has the one of the best examples of flanging I've ever heard. Better than ELO's Medievil Woman, even.

Back on topic: best chorus? I really liked the MKS-70 chorus. Not sure if it's the same as the other MKS's.

Comment

Yes, I heard about the beauty of MKS-70 chorus. That chorus plus two DCOs per voice Direct 80s.

Comment

The Boss CE-300. It's supposed to be very close to the Juno 6/60/106 chorus. I use it with synths without problems and it gives my Nord a Juno personality. There are inputs on the back and in the front, just chose the right one and it work correctly.
                              GEAR

Gear: Mackie Onyx 32.4, Focusrite Pro40+Octopre2, Triton Extreme+MOSS+EX800, Roland XV5080+D550+MKS7+MKS50+MKS70+MKS80+JP8080+S550+Jun o60, NordRack2, StudioElectr ATC-1, Ensoniq ESQM, Yamaha A5000+An1x+SY77+TG77+TX802+TX7+MotifRackES, Akai S5k+MPC1k, Pulse, Blofeld, Mopho, VirusIndigo2, EmaxRack, ESynth, Rogue, ProOne, Machinedrum, Drumulator, M1AM1, Linndrum

Effects: API Lunchbox+512C, MPX550, Boss SE50+SE70+CE300+ROD10, UAD2, Powercorex2, LiquidMix, VVerb, 1204, DP2, Filterbank

Comment

Working...
                              X