First kb

EJC

• Members

OK bad economy and all Im thinking of my first synth/ws. All I want to do is sequence a few tracks to my live piano. No gigs,just my living room. Budget says under $1000. Thinking of the MM6 or the Roland GW7-8. Any other suggestions?Really dont want to get involved with computer sequencing,at age 56 I simply dont have the patience!

• Members

All I want to do is sequence a few tracks to my live piano. No gigs,just my living room. Budget says under $1000. Thinking of the MM6 !

The MM6 sequencer probably won't fit your needs. It's more of a "scratchpad" and cant do basic things like quantize. It also can't pan sounds, no step sequencing, no overdubbing/punching in. It's just for getting some ideas down.

• Members

....Really dont want to get involved with computer sequencing,at age 56 I simply dont have the patience!

Sequencing with a computer is far easier than any keyboards sequencer I've ever used.

I should qualify that - editing is far easier. A keyboard, you can usually just pick a track and hit 'record'. But unless you're a fairly proficient player, the real work (and IMO, a big part of the creative work), starts after that. And that's when a computer is easier.

Archived