Nord Stage Piano Sound Settings

jdubbs

• Members

Hello,

I recently started using the Nord Stage 88 on gigs (easier to carry than my Fantom X8 and Hammond XK2)

Like I read in most reviews about the Nord, i'm not in love with the piano sounds. I was wondering if there are any other Nord Stage users out there that have perfected the settings to use with the piano to give it the best sound live.

Thanks for your help!

• Members

Yeah I figured there wasn't too much but thought someone might have some settings they've found to work well. Overall it's a decent sound but takes some getting used to. I've used roland piano sounds for quite a while so i'm very used to that. The nord sounds so much more un-natural to me...

• Members

jdubbs,

try the ' stage grand ' sample with velocity setting 1 or 2.

You can hear the Yamaha P200 in it and that was (still is) te business for a stage piano sound in a pop/rock setting.

You also can add a small amount of delay if you want ...

Just an idea.

• Members

Yeah I figured there wasn't too much but thought someone might have some settings they've found to work well. Overall it's a decent sound but takes some getting used to. I've used roland piano sounds for quite a while so i'm very used to that. The nord sounds so much more un-natural to me...

The thing with the Stage pianos is that you can hear *the room* in the samples, that makes them really weird to my ears...Im sorry if I am not completely clear, I am struggling with my English here :D Anyways, there are samples on Clavia website that have the samples with that particular character removed...so try using them.

• Members

Thanks for all the feedback

Carbon111: I'll check out the Steinway EX and make sure i have the latest OS on there. I loaded the most recent one a month or so ago but i'll check if there is a newer one

lvercaut: i'll try those settings, thanks!

Archived