Beat Kangz of Comedy - epic fail?

xmlguy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe they took a wrong turn somewhere? Hey, all ya'll gangstas representing the south, NAMM is next to Disneyland in da West Coast, boyeeiiiz. Look for tha Matterhorn thangz.

California (dis is da NAMM hood), Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida (Ya'll be Har)

Dis is da thread to represent all da phat beatz videos wit yur grill showin next to da Kangz.

Guest Anonymous

um- try blaming the synth sites that aren't posting vidoes for anything after two days-

They don't have a unit on display to video.

:facepalm:

• Members

That's a shame; I would have liked to see them live up to their bluster. If they had said a month ahead of NAMM, "due to difficulties, we won't have a demo unit at NAMM, but watch for a spring announcement", that would be fine. But to trumpet only a few days beforehand, "Can't tell you our secrets now, see us at NAMM!" and then not have anything?

That's too bad.

• Members

I have a friend at the show and asked him to check out the beat kangz booth yesterday. He said he found them way back in a corner but the guy said they were keeping on the low until they had their hardware prototype which debuted today.

They did have the software being demo'd and my friend said he was impressed. Supposed to be a street price of well under $1K, hopefully $400.

• Members

The Zoom Streetbox sells for less than 200 dollars at stores, so it's not impossible that this will go for 400. But I'd say probably around 600 is right - IF in fact it's built by Zoom.

And yeah, the hardware is crappy, but I get a good use out of my RT-223 (same hardware). Can't complain considering the price.

I'm hoping it has actual acoustic drum sounds, or that Zoom will release a version that does.

Archived