• Show
Clear All

• good eye!
    -jason

youtube
    bandcamp
    soundcloud

Comment

• Thats what I figured. It's probably got a hole in the bottom with a ribbon going out from the panel / display boards to a "too large to fit in there" mockup of the sound engine and PSU. Wouldn't it be funny if its actually a MacBook or something underneath?

Even funnier if it was an MPC
      Synthesizers!!

Comment

• You know I wonder who wrote or is in theory going to write the OS for it. If they plan to farm that out to some Chinese programmers, they are going to have a really rough launch.

Comment

• This was my thought earlier, too.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32361169&postcount=246

I expect full credit plus royalties as originator of this amazing insight.
          Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

• where was the uproar then?

Comment

• I think the point all the "haters" are trying to make is that there are already more than enough companies talking up a good game.

So if there isn't even a working product yet, and it's being presented as a "game changer", then what the f--- is it in reality?

It's one concept car and they are talking like they are Henry Ford after revolutionizing the auto industry.

Eventually they will learn you have to earn the right to fail and still be respected, otherwise:

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

The status quo is the status quo for a reason. They are respected for what they've done, not what they hope to do.

Comment

The guys at Waldorf haven't threatened anyone at Access have they?

Honestly, I hope they do well with the unit but the way it's being marketed and the lack of professionalism make it less than appealing to me.
                soundcloud.com/cbentley

Comment

People probably ignored that because they were busy coaxing sounds from their already working Waldorf synths ...

In Deadvolvos words: Waldorf have earned the right to fail.
                  Guitar picture, Gear List, Clip List and travel pics from Peru, Sri Lanka, Mexico and Indonesia. Bonus: Some pics from Denmark too.

Comment

• Anyone need a good Product manager:

http://forums.rolandclan.info/?action=show_thread&thread=27952&fid=3&page=1

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

• waldorf said was a mock up to begin with. and they didnt have der blumentopf talking about how it was going to make you're ****************e sound thite.
                      Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

Was Waldorf a new company showing their first product?

Was Waldorf asking for pre-orders?

Was Waldorf represented by a gaggle of fools?

I would be willing to ignore a lot of marketing BS if the Beat Kangz were actually showing a real product, meaning a feature complete, functional, production model. I'd even be willing to allow for some known software problems during the demo, so long as all the hardware was complete.

But it would be hard for me to ever ignore direct slamming of competitors including Roger Linn personally, lightly veiled threats of violence, and a level of hubris that's unsurpassed by any other established company, much less a new company with NO shipping product.

Why is it that they don't show it actually doing the things they claim? Have they shown it sampling? Have they shown it using the SD flash? Have they shown it do midi in/out or USB in/out? You hear them claim that the Pintech Drums are using the Beat Thang, but how do you know they aren't lying? The Pintech drums are displayed in a custom rig made by their sponsored artist Soul in the Machine. The snare sounded the same to me during the SITM set as when the Beat Kangz where claiming the sound was coming through their box. Am I to believe that SITM decided to use the Beat Thang for their set, when I see them using a laptop on a table in the back? And as others have pointed out, why is the Beat Thang always shown mounted on that large black box underneath it, even in their hotel room?

On the video with the Pintech drummer kid, there is a glimpse of the back ports of the Beat Thang box. It doesn't look like there is any cable hooked to the midi in or USB ports. So how are they controlling it? It looks like they have audio outs, but the cables go into the black box underneath. They haven't shown any other supposedly working model in their videos. Could it be that they were lying the whole time about the Pintech drums running through their box? By the way, the drummer kid was a sponsored artist of Pintech, not Beat Thangs. Same with the other artists they show. It looks like they co-opted the Pintech hired talent.

Comment

• Well all you folks sure are doing a good job giving them free publicity. This thread has been in the top ten for a few weeks now, it seems.

Comment

• Gotta make sure people can see the foolishness.
                            Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

• It's all good ...

If the product comes out and it's a big or even moderate success — or if it even just gets released — for those who are interested, they'll get a better picture of the process ...

Personally, I DO WANT this to get released ...

Comment

• Given how far this thread has gone, now I'm really routing for the Beat Kangs to succeed.

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of hate over what, marketing hype?!

****************, I'm going to formally ask to be a beta tester!
                                Studio One 3, Ableton Live 9, a StudioLive 16.0.2, HS 80M monitors, 2 ATH M50 headphones, Synths both hardware and software, and a DJ rig using turntables.

Comment

Working...
                                X