Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beat Kangz of Comedy - epic fail?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you watch the last video i posted, there actually are "too" and "from" USB ports on it.

I noticed this back on p.20
    Buy my book!
    http://www.facebook.com/UnderMKE

I make noise.
    http://www.facebook.com/allerian
    Listening Device on CDBaby

Comment

• when you're right, you're right ...

Salame ...

So why is all their music so far so dull and uninspiring ... ???

it's no better or worse thn any other company demo- but the sounds are quite nice- if they were taken out of the hip-hop composition and used for detroit techno/ tech house/ or ebm/industrial or coldwave they would be quite lovely indeed- one helpful thing about some of their hip-hop demos is that they use similar middle-eastern half-step melodies as found in EBM so you can get a better picture of what it will sound like for that-

it's got a very late 80's cEvin Key vibe to it- like VIVIsect VI or The Infadel

Comment

• it's got a very late 80's cEvin Key vibe to it- like VIVIsect VI or The Infadel

uhh... are we all seeing the same video?
        ELECTRIBES x 6
        FR REVOLUTION
        MONOMACHINE MKII
        CS01
        MPC500
        & more!

Comment

• uhh... are we all seeing the same video?

ignore the composition and listen to the sounds from all the demos/videos themselves-
          the problem with nearly everyone here is that they are focusing on the wrong parts of the marketing- you are an electronic musican- act like one and take the information that applies to YOU- I dind't even notice the 'service bus' error because I was checking out the DEVICE- it is absoulutely irrelevent what the company guy says- why would you even listen to any company spokesman at a NAMM show about features? waldorf is the king of BS and vaporware but you don't see much complaint about them? NAMM is about hype and BS mostly anyway-

remember the tb-303 was marketed as an automated bass guitar for rock/pop/soul- and it failed- but the street find it's own uses for things

Comment

• ignore the composition and listen to the sounds from all the demos/videos themselves-
            the problem with nearly everyone here is that they are focusing on the wrong parts of the marketing- you are an electronic musican- act like one and take the information that applies to YOU-

as one who makes EBM/industrial more or less exclusively, i must say i didn't find any sounds that appealed to me -- yet. i'm not saying the thing is going to sound bad, but thus far, i haven't heard anything that says "buy it". using the StreetBox for an example, i have a feeling that the inbuilt sounds in this thing are going to be so geared toward hip hop that it's going to be too much work to bother squeezing something else from them. it samples, so there's that, but so does a ton of other gear which i already own.

i'll give it a fair shake if/when it's in stores and not being carried about by these obnoxious stereotypes.
            ELECTRIBES x 6
            FR REVOLUTION
            MONOMACHINE MKII
            CS01
            MPC500
            & more!

Comment

• ignore the composition and listen to the sounds from all the demos/videos themselves-
              the problem with nearly everyone here is that they are focusing on the wrong parts of the marketing- you are an electronic musican- act like one and take the information that applies to YOU- I dind't even notice the 'service bus' error because I was checking out the DEVICE- it is absoulutely irrelevent what the company guy says- why would you even listen to any company spokesman at a NAMM show about features? waldorf is the king of BS and vaporware but you don't see much complaint about them? NAMM is about hype and BS mostly anyway-

remember the tb-303 was marketed as an automated bass guitar for rock/pop/soul- and it failed- but the street find it's own uses for things

I'm pleased you're intrigued as an electronic musician and you have every right to be ...

... but I'm not even bothering dissecting the specs because at this point they're fairly meaningless unless you're an investor or retailer ... I'll wait until it ships to decide if I'm getting jazzed about it ...

... and I stand by what I said about the music ... flat, and samey ... and the sounds ... there isn't anything in that video I couldn't do on my equipment ... just sounds like run of the mill samples through lots of effects ...

My question is ... Is hip-hop dead? Or will the Beat Kangz merely deliver the coup de grace ... ???

Do they really think this product needs such hardcore juvenile marketing to get noticed ... ??? That video seems to appeal to an intensely pre-tween sensibility ...

Comment

• it's got a very late 80's cEvin Key vibe to it- like VIVIsect VI or The Infadel

Eeeeeee... heresy!
                Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

• Eeeeeee... heresy!

sorry - I am weird with sounds that way-

Comment

• What I don't get is why do they always show the Beat Thang with a black box underneath it?

Why doesn't anyone pick one up and show it to the camera?

Did I miss something?

Comment

• pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
                      A technology distinguishable from magic is not sufficiently advanced.

Comment

• Thats a good point deadvolvo... every shot of a working one has the mysterious black box underneath...
                        Synthesizers!!

Comment

• Thats what I figured. It's probably got a hole in the bottom with a ribbon going out from the panel / display boards to a "too large to fit in there" mockup of the sound engine and PSU. Wouldn't it be funny if its actually a MacBook or something underneath?

Comment

• good eye!
                            -jason

youtube
                            bandcamp
                            soundcloud

Comment

• Thats what I figured. It's probably got a hole in the bottom with a ribbon going out from the panel / display boards to a "too large to fit in there" mockup of the sound engine and PSU. Wouldn't it be funny if its actually a MacBook or something underneath?

Even funnier if it was an MPC
                              Synthesizers!!

Comment

• You know I wonder who wrote or is in theory going to write the OS for it. If they plan to farm that out to some Chinese programmers, they are going to have a really rough launch.

Comment

Working...
                                X