Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beat Kangz of Comedy - epic fail?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice bump there, sport. do the hits on your YouTube videos slow if this thread doesn't stay front page?
    ELECTRIBES x 6
    FR REVOLUTION
    MONOMACHINE MKII
    CS01
    MPC500
    & more!

Comment

• We killed it at Namm.... none of the negative forum people who came by our booth had the courage to talk smack to our face.... that was probably smart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZiiP7ThkU

ALWAYS smart to insinuate violence on a public forum for all potential customers to see. Smart move.
      Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

• I'm just saying if you question if we are REAL or not come meet us and be REAL.....
        here ya go ACID......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7o75KKaB_U&feature=related

LMAO

Comment

• Funny, where did anyone here question whether it was real? We only question your silly and immature promotional tactics. Keep up your idiotic tactics. Can't wait until your financial backers back out on you guys because you couldn't be the professionals you need to be to sell a product. Enjoy your failure.
          Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

• yes sorry about that acid i meant to say Universal Service Bus

you really have to wonder if that would do anything at all seeing how midi can only flow in one direction hence the need for a midi in and out while usb can pretty much take care of all of that in one cable henceforth the appeal to have usb over midi

and acid its REAL ok so just know its REAL

ok really now i shall only lurk

Comment

• We're all laughing. At you. Not with you. Katt and Chappelle get paid when people laugh. You don't.

Shouldn't you be busy making your empty box mockup with the 3.5" color lcd screen actually work?

Comment

• Universal Service Bus
                usb over midi

Just so you know, neither of these things exist.

It's universal Serial Bus, and MIDI over USB.

Use that for the next forum you want to troll and you'll get better results.

Comment

• yes sorry about that acid i meant to say Universal Service Bus

you really have to wonder if that would do anything at all seeing how midi can only flow in one direction hence the need for a midi in and out while usb can pretty much take care of all of that in one cable henceforth the appeal to have usb over midi

and acid its REAL ok so just know its REAL

ok really now i shall only lurk

Naw, you've just been bamboozled.

Show me one piece of music gear that supports USB-midi between other music gear besides a computer? It doesn't exist. That's because midi isn't defined as part of the USB spec. It always requires drivers. Vendors who have USB-midi have special drivers for loading on a COMPUTER, usually running Windows or Mac OS. They do not make drivers for loading on other music gear.

The problem is that AJA was claiming to be able to control the beat thang using other keyboards or drum controllers via USB. If they do this it will be a first in the whole industry, because you would have to write your own individual USB-midi drivers for every third party device for them to work. That's because there IS NO STANDARD for how to do midi over USB.

Comment

• Just so you know, neither of these things exist.

It's universal Serial Bus, and MIDI over USB.

Use that for the next forum you want to troll and you'll get better results.

And that's why it's so easy to fool people who don't understand the technical feasibility of what the Beat Kangz are promising.

Comment

• I saw the videos- it was pretty clear to me what was meant by the usb comments- it was obvious when he mentioned connecting drum controllers he was talking about ALL the ports and general connectivity in a laundry list fashion- 'sevice bus' is just a flub- no reason to read anything into it or keep poking at it- makes you look much less intelligent for doing so it seems to me to be nitpicking about loose speech-

you know there will be plenty of people breaking this thing down when it ships- we will all know exactly what is what so there is no reason to keep the rather culturaly devisive attack on the silly marketing from a NAMM show-

I will be more than happy if it just has a basic usb audio interface-

I just hope this thing isn't going to cost me toooooo much- I will definetly be checking out the software

Comment

• Seriously though Beat Kangzes, the future in music is RFC 2549. Are you going to support that in the next version?

Comment

• xmlguy, FWIW, "requires special drivers" is not the case if the device is class compliant. Drivers yes, but nearly all modern operating systems have them stock. That's a technicality.

However, as you say "Show me one piece of music gear that supports USB-midi between other music gear besides a computer?" the real question is show me any two pieces of gear that communicate over USB at all where neither is a computer. Doesn't much happen However their web site mockups do show standard MIDI ins and outs.

"That's because there IS NO STANDARD for how to do midi over USB." is incorrect.

http://tinyurl.com/b52hdk

The real joke here is the belief that guerilla marketing is ever well tolerated (it's not), it works (it doesn't), or that the attitude of ignorance and stupidity that is fabricated for this product helps sales. It's rather belittling to people interested in music to pretend they are so uneducated, or would aspire to that lifestyle and ignorance.

Comment

• xmlguy, FWIW, "requires special drivers" is not the case if the device is class compliant.

However, as you say "Show me one piece of music gear that supports USB-midi between other music gear besides a computer?" the real question is show me any two pieces of gear that communicate over USB at all where neither is a computer. Doesn't much happen

I haven't seen any that allow USB-midi without a computer. Class compliant USB-midi devices still require a driver - within the OS? No? Most music gear that has USB-midi isn't class compliant, right? At least not that I've seen.

Then I should've said that that there is no standard WAY that hardware vendors choose to do implement USB-midi, because most of them require special drivers, such as every piece of Korg, Yamaha, and Roland gear I own.

Comment

• All USB midi gear is likely class compliant unless it requires a non-standard driver. Class compliance doesn't mean it does everything, just that it's in the spec. The OS already has the driver, yes.

Doesn't neccessarily mean you can plug a USB MIDI keyboard into a USB MIDI drum machine and have it work, because AFAIK these are end point devices and you can't take the central hub (computer) out of the mix. (Could be wrong here, though I've never seen it done). I also presume the USB spec assumes the computer is non-removable, though I haven't read it. (The Bluetooth spec I have read, which is another story).

Basically you'd have to have one pretend to be the computer and lie. Could be done, not worth it.

Comment

• Then I should've said that that there is no standard WAY that hardware vendors choose to do implement USB-midi, because most of them require special drivers, such as every piece of Korg, Yamaha, and Roland gear I own.

I'm not sure what they are doing -- if you take something like an Axiom 61 they just work over USB.

Comment

Working...
                                X