Kurz PC3 LE

stikygum

• Members

Is that right end cap already cracked on top?!?
:facepalm:

Nope. I actually took that photo and uploaded it to the Music Player "Live From" site. That is an early prototype model and they have a multi-pin connector that is coming out from that side for connection to computer.

• Members

Eric,

do they have the 61 key model there? I'm very curious if it really has semi-weighted keys vs. the synth action on the PC361.

I'll take a closer look today (the LE was flipped around so the public could not really play it). I did play the PC3 61, which has a typical diving board synth action on it. Pretty sure the PC3 LE has the same semi-weighted action as the PC3 76, because I know I saw piano-looking keys on it.

• Members

well this has me geared up to start saving some cash. I know you mentioned on the other forum about a $1600 price tag. Is that MSRP or MAP? And would that be the 88 key with other models pricing tiered below that?

$1600-ish was a MAP figure. I would guess it was for the 61 note model, but we did not talk about 76 or 88 note models at all. I will see if I can get more clarity the next time I talk to Mr. Weiser.

• Members

So it's essentially a PC3 with added controls?

:confused:

You can read some more official stuff about it here. It is like a PC3 Lite. Half the polyphony, scaled-down FX processing. Different editing UI. But should have the basic sound capabilities of the PC3 series.

• Members

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but $1600 for the 61-key version of the PC3LE doesn't sound terribly appealing, when finding a PC3 76 can be found for $1900 with a little patience...

I'd imagine you'll be able to find the PC3LE for less than $1600, with a little patience...;)

• Members

The price is right. I've always wanted a quality board that could cover all the areas my Electro2 can't, but be able to step in in their sted if necessary. Here's to hoping it has the VA1 waveforms.

That would make it really appealing, but I don't think they'd be able to do that at this price point.

Archived