I ordered the Noob Consumer Wk500 by Casio...

strat2

• Members

Actually quite excited about it I'll have a ton of more questions once it shows up...(probably mon 26th).

I figured out that the Sd card will give me plenty of song expansion.

I did a lot of googling to find an 'official' casio forum but failed.....

• Members

Thanks, I can't wait to see what I can get done adding this to my rig...
:love:

A lot of musicians judge the quality of a sound by listening to that sound by itself. You'll be amazed what a seemingly bad sounding preset will sound like once IN a mix. Listen to the Rhodes and the synth pad [the latter starting 1:06 through 1:18]. Isn't it beautiful?:)

It wouldn't let me insert the stereo version of the vid in here. The above is mono. The one I listened to on Youtube is stereo. An ocean of difference, sonically:)

• Members

. Isn't it beautiful?
:)

It wouldn't let me insert the stereo version of the vid in here. The above is mono. The one I listened to on Youtube is stereo. An ocean of difference, sonically:)

Ok cool I'm headed off for some sleep eye , will finish listening in the am....

Funny about waht yuo said about the mix, I was thinking the same thing, added to my vocals, guit , I'm not going to get a state of the art sound but I have an idea it will be a heck of alot better than what I'm doing so far, I think people will enjoy it and not complain.

Does this thing have a drum kit at all, I forgot to check....and yea the price is cool........

:thu::thu:

• Members

. Isn't it beautiful?
:)

Great sound for the $ I think , I pick this up tomorrow am at the ups hub if all goes well.

You got the music stand with yours ? Looks like it would be handy, I like the panning you did to show a bit of the instrument.

The screen looks nice and big which is good for me being half blind up close....

By the way on the sd slot issue.......I found this tidbit which makes me very happy:

"The innovative SD memory medium offers a simple means of expanding the internal song memory of the WK-500 to limitless levels."

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/highperformance/wk500/

:thu:

• Members

lol Strat, that's not me. It's a video I found on Youtube that I wanted to show you since that's the machine you're getting:)

You can buy the "premium pack" from zZounds.com, which is the keyboard, the adapter, the stand and a pair of headphones for $319.95.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--CASWK500

They also sell a gig bag for it for $34.95

http://www.zzounds.com/item--WORKBWK500

premiumpack-2a0758b2d83433bce941773d4b15

• Members

lol Strat, that's not me. It's a video I found on Youtube that I wanted to show you since that's the machine you're getting:)

You can buy the "premium pack" from zZounds.com, which is the keyboard, the adapter, the stand and a pair of headphones for $319.95.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--CASWK500

They also sell a gig bag for it for $34.95

http://www.zzounds.com/item--WORKBWK500

premiumpack-2a0758b2d83433bce941773d4b15

Oh :o sorry about that , that's just my lack of reading skills at work........

I got my wk at sameday for 260 , I should have gone for the package, but I have some other items I need more for this project.

I've not tried zsounds, same day has been incredible for the last several years, zsounds is probably the same, MF has been good too.

• Members

SameDayMusic.com, AmericanMusicSupply.com and zZounds.com appear to be the same company.

________

Strat,

Reading some of the specs of your new baby, it looks like you can record up to 5 songs with 6 tracks each, using the internal memory of the machine.

This means that, with an SD card, you can have a lot more memory and thus a lot more songs [buy an SD card with a lot of memory if you plan on using this machine on stage].

Conclusion: if you're a 7-piece-band, you can now say goodbye to all 6 musicians and gig by yourself lol:wave:

But seriously, you can actually use this keyboard on stage either to do backup stuff [bass, strings, etc] or as a main "musician" in smaller venues [for example: you sing and play guitar; the machine is programmed to do everything else]. Now of course, it will sound nothing like the real thing [real musicians/instruments].

• Members

Got it tonight UPS. WK500

Pretty cool , the presets don't all play though, only plays some and then skips tons......:o

I'll read up on the manual tomorrow .....I don't really need the songs, but I wanted to hear them.

• Members

plays some and then skips tons......
:o

That doesn't sound right. Did it arrive perfectly intact physically? Check, double-check, triple-check everything, starting with how it's hooked up to your sound system. Are you using the onboard speakers to listen to it? Have you tried your headphones too?

Other than that, congrats:thu:

• Members

That doesn't sound right. Did it arrive perfectly intact physically? Check, double-check, triple-check everything, starting with how it's hooked up to your sound system. Are you using the onboard speakers to listen to it? Have you tried your headphones too?

Other than that, congrats:thu:

Thanks man,

Ups was a horrible dissapointment.......:0 , visited them twice and almost had to go back a third time.........I should have had all day to play with it and only got it at the last minute, they were going to take it back to the hub :facepalm:

I used the onboard speakers and only messed with it for a couple minutes,

I'll check those other things out tomorrow(pa,hook ups etc), I just sent off an email to Casio Support to see if they might have any ideas........

I've got 60 days....... but yes, I'd like to have one that fully functioned.

This is supposed to be factory sealed new, but the cord was haning out of the power supply, I was wondering if I might have to do one of those 'factory preset' resets......?

Not a scratch on the unit that I can see, very nice confidence building look to it overall, well laid out, and I can 'see' the display screen.

Hard to believe they can put something like this out for so little cash even if it isn't perfect , or much more than a toy.

I actually didn't think it came with a power trans, that was a + otherwise it looks like 6 d cells.

• Members

I bought the wk500 the next one up. Good keys, it sounds nothing like my Korgs or yamahas but for $300 a self contained unit to bang around on that is fun to play. This has a mic input but there are no effects. The drum machine is a little basic Casio and the fills are very basic but still for what it is...not bad

• Members

LOL.........

Excellent.

:thu:

I just got a support email response;

in so many words it said, Please ask someone else, or go back to the same page an ask the same question again.

.............Dear Scott...........

:lol:

• Members

By presets, you mean the demo songs? Do all the sounds play? The A/C adapter should've been wrapped and boxed. It sounds like you got an open box return. If the sounds don't play, then it's defective and explains why it was returned. The sounds are in ROM and can't be fixed if they don't play. If it's only the songs, then someone probably screwed with them. You should be able to fix that by reloading them to the internal flash.

By the way, the internal speakers aren't good enough to hear the quality of the engine, so the first step is to use pro quality headphones or decent powered speakers. It won't make it studio quality, but it still should sound damn good for most of the patches when you've got good bass and highs for output.

• Members

I picked mine up today man, I'm sorry to hear you have those issues mine is way cool (although the synth sounds aren't so great), I hope your problems get worked out really quickly!

For synth sounds, you can pick up a used Micron or Microkorg for cheap, or maybe even an R3 or X-Station. Shoot for under $300 for the Micron/MK or under $400 for the others. That will give you a wide range of sounds for under $600-700 total.

• Members

I'm in Australia mate, those things are harder to come by and a bit more expensive here. Don't worry though if I keep enjoying the instrument this much I'll buy a X50 or Nord or something later on this year or early next.

EDIT: Also I ahve some Seinhessers, are they 'pro quality'?

Archived