Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Virus TI2 Front Panel

Is there a difference in the front panel (hardware controls/ layout) of the Virus TI2 vs TI?

From what few pics I've seen, it looks the same to me. The panel graphics are definitely different, though.
    Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

I found that there is another LED in the filter and effect option. Other than that I could not see any differences.

However, I am pretty sure that these are not the only differences. I expect there will be more to come in the future, like USB 2, sample ram, etc.

Comment

Great, thanks for the info.

Comment

I was glad to see they replaced the dark red shift-function text with white text- it was impossible to read before so much so I printed out all of the functions and taped it below the knobs. (this was for the 5 octave kybd version only)

Comment

I found that there is another LED in the filter and effect option. Other than that I could not see any differences.

However, I am pretty sure that these are not the only differences. I expect there will be more to come in the future, like USB 2, sample ram, etc.

I e-mailed their tech support. It is USB 2.0 but not the 'high-speed' 480Mbit version. It's just regular USB 2.0 w/12MBit per second. It cannot be upgraded with future OS updates.

I know that the current USB setup works fine on the latest version in Logic with the latest OS update in the Virust TI. If it works, why try to fix it? BTW, this is not from personal experience, I got this off a Sonic State review. The guy reviewing it said he had latency problems (and clicks and pops), until Access told him to update his version of Logic Studio and the TI unit. After that, he said it worked great with low latency.

Cheers,
            PB
            "The way in is the way out." - NP

Comment

I know that the current USB setup works fine on the latest version in Logic with the latest OS update in the Virust TI. If it works, why try to fix it? BTW, this is not from personal experience, I got this off a Sonic State review. The guy reviewing it said he had latency problems (and clicks and pops), until Access told him to update his version of Logic Studio and the TI unit. After that, he said it worked great with low latency.

I don't have a problem with latency. It's actually so low it's unnoticeable but Virus Control doesn't properly MIDI sync/quantize for some reason. Even if I route the audio to the physical outputs as Access suggests it's still all sloppy like a drunkard playing my arpeggio sequences. When I connect it stand-alone to my MPC500 everything's fine. I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Comment

I don't have a problem with latency. It's actually so low it's unnoticeable but Virus Control doesn't properly MIDI sync/quantize for some reason. Even if I route the audio to the physical outputs as Access suggests it's still all sloppy like a drunkard playing my arpeggio sequences. When I connect it stand-alone to my MPC500 everything's fine. I'm not the only one experiencing this.

That really sucks. I plan on getting the TI2 sometime mid-year... I really want to sync it up to my Logic/Ableton Suite setup. That could be a deal breaker for me... what's the point of running it as an audio unit if I can't run it in proper 'timing.'

I love the synth, but that absolutely sucks if you can't get it to play properly your DAW midi 'charts.'
                "The way in is the way out." - NP

Comment

Working...
                X