Memory Moog Craigslist

SoundwaveLove

• Members

Old one: Why are they a waste of time? I've always been curious about them.

Soundxplorer had it right -- just a jab at another thread.

In practice, when I had my MemoryMoog (LAMMed too) I rarely used it. It was big and fat and limited (from a sonic palette view). I know I'll get a lot of crap from MM lovers for that, but the fact is, why equip a machine with 18 oscillators if it's more versatile with most of them turned off?

If you want/need a big blast of raw analog, the MemoryMoog is your go-to machine. For everything else, I had machines that created what I needed better faster and more seamlessly.

Yes, you can create a delicate string sound, or a solo flute type patch, but why unless it's your only synth.

The bottom line is that the idea of owning a MM was better than the reality of actually having it.

• Members

In practice, when I had my MemoryMoog (LAMMed too) I rarely used it. It was big and fat and limited (from a sonic palette view). I know I'll get a lot of crap from MM lovers for that, but the fact is, why equip a machine with 18 oscillators if it's more versatile with most of them turned off?

That was my experience too. The MM definitely did have a limited sonic palette compared to a lot of other synths. I got bored with it quickly.

• Members

Hi !

I am very much interested in your (Memorymoog Plus - Vintage - $5121) and wish to purchase said item in great trust immediately.

I am prepared to pay the asking price, in addition to the extra amount of $1500.00 dollars US for your trouble. I ask only that you accept a Money Order drawn on the bank of butt{censored}, which you will deposit into your account while sending to me the funds, less the price for your item and resonable expenses for you time.

• Members

("Where the hell did he pull this price out of?")

I know it may sound ridiculous, but I actually sold my MM+ a few years ago on eBay for $3,800, to a techno guy in Europe. So this seller's price is pretty darned steep, but there are folks out there who just must have this board.

It brings up the question -- what's a fair market price for something increasingly rare, when you've got to have a particular sound and can't get it with modern gear? In that vein, I wonder what I'd pay for a mint Matrix-12. More than I should, probably.

• Members

When I choose to reply in this forum or any other, I have 2 choices. I can tow the party line and spew the same rhetoric that you can find with a google search or I can relay my own experiences based on actually owning all this gear at the same time.

a) Wow! MemoryMoog - like 6 MiniMoogs in one! Biggest baddest synth ever!

b) For me, the MemoryMoog was a limited synth compared to the other vintage analogs I had at the same time and I found it harder to fit into a mix than any other synth I owned. The MIDI, even with LAMM, was fairly primitive, and as a result of all that, I decided to sell it.

• Members

It would be worth it if it had all the modifications and updated MIDI. AND was in the excellent shape it appears to be AND came in a road case AND included all shipping/insurance/Paypal fees AND you were a Moog collector.

Remember they were almost that price new. Its really not THAT far fetched.

• Members

When I choose to reply in this forum or any other, I have 2 choices. I can tow the party line and spew the same rhetoric that you can find with a google search or I can relay my own experiences based on actually owning all this gear at the same time.

a) Wow! MemoryMoog - like 6 MiniMoogs in one! Biggest baddest synth ever!

b) For me, the MemoryMoog was a limited synth compared to the other vintage analogs I had at the same time and I found it harder to fit into a mix than any other synth I owned. The MIDI, even with LAMM, was fairly primitive, and as a result of all that, I decided to sell it.

I think you'll find that your opinions are appreciated by some people, I sure include myself in that group.

• Members

Anyone care to take a chance on an $1800 MemoryMoog DIGITAL synthesizer?

Seller looks legit....sorta....I guess. His other items are a bunch of beauty supplies and Rogaine.

EDIT: (5 minutes later) Well, it's gone. Someone got a deal.

You never know how many voices are working and what kind of problems it might have. It's sold as is and the buyer might end up having to fix a lot of stuff.

Archived