Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Moog Craigslist

Where the hell did he pull this price out of?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1035269454.html
    WTB: Allen & Heath Xone VF-1 Filter

WITH OVER 25 YEARS EXSPRINCE

I think he calculated 25 years of inflation with that, too.
    "Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.
    Synthesizer Programming Megathread - add your tips & tricks or ask how to recreate sounds!

Comment

doesn't matter about the price, they're a waste of time.

Comment

Old one: Why are they a waste of time? I've always been curious about them.

Comment

Infamous instability? It even betrayed Jarre on one occasion There are videos supporting that XD
          If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

At about 1:43:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5AjT_AaLY

Comment

He probably thinks they're worth more than the Jupiter-8.

Which brings up a good question, which synth *is* worth more? JP-8 or MM?
              Playing synths means never having to worry about broken strings.

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802, DX100 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda Soft: FM8, OP-X
              Some of my mediocrity: Kristen's Song Pleiades Voyage to Jupiter Amazing Grace A New Beginning Young Lovers Rings of Neptune White Light

Comment

The MM is the phattest synth I have ever played, though I have never played a Model D or a JP8 so I am not sure how it compares. From what I've heard I think I'd take a MM over any other synth

Comment

Old one: Why are they a waste of time?

I think it was a jab at the OP.
                  http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243188
                  Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Comment

At about 1:43:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5AjT_AaLY

Why didn't he just jump onto one of the other 9 synths on stage?
                    WTB: Allen & Heath Xone VF-1 Filter

Comment

Old one: Why are they a waste of time? I've always been curious about them.

Soundxplorer had it right -- just a jab at another thread.

In practice, when I had my MemoryMoog (LAMMed too) I rarely used it. It was big and fat and limited (from a sonic palette view). I know I'll get a lot of crap from MM lovers for that, but the fact is, why equip a machine with 18 oscillators if it's more versatile with most of them turned off?

If you want/need a big blast of raw analog, the MemoryMoog is your go-to machine. For everything else, I had machines that created what I needed better faster and more seamlessly.

Yes, you can create a delicate string sound, or a solo flute type patch, but why unless it's your only synth.

The bottom line is that the idea of owning a MM was better than the reality of actually having it.

Comment

In practice, when I had my MemoryMoog (LAMMed too) I rarely used it. It was big and fat and limited (from a sonic palette view). I know I'll get a lot of crap from MM lovers for that, but the fact is, why equip a machine with 18 oscillators if it's more versatile with most of them turned off?

That was my experience too. The MM definitely did have a limited sonic palette compared to a lot of other synths. I got bored with it quickly.

Comment

It's a scam... listed here in Mpls too...

Comment

Hi !

I am very much interested in your (Memorymoog Plus - Vintage - $5121) and wish to purchase said item in great trust immediately.

I am prepared to pay the asking price, in addition to the extra amount of $1500.00 dollars US for your trouble. I ask only that you accept a Money Order drawn on the bank of butt****************, which you will deposit into your account while sending to me the funds, less the price for your item and resonable expenses for you time.
                            HW Synths/Keys:QS Plus Piano w/Vintage Card, CLP-820, Kurz PC2X, Wavestation SR, Matrix 1000, TX81Z, MKS-50, Alpha Juno 2 , Korg TR-Rack, EMU Proteus 2K, ESQ-1, TG_77

SW-Synths: B4II, Elektrik Piano, Akoustik Piano, MinimougeVA, FM-8, Pro-53, Massive, Absynth, OP-X, SuperWave P8, and about a zillion others

Hardware-Other: MOTU Express XT, WaMi Rack 24, M-120, Behringer Virtualizer, Behringer PMP2000, American Audio Passive PA speakers

SW: CWPA 9.0, Sonar HS 6.0

Comment

("Where the hell did he pull this price out of?")

I know it may sound ridiculous, but I actually sold my MM+ a few years ago on eBay for $3,800, to a techno guy in Europe. So this seller's price is pretty darned steep, but there are folks out there who just must have this board.

It brings up the question -- what's a fair market price for something increasingly rare, when you've got to have a particular sound and can't get it with modern gear? In that vein, I wonder what I'd pay for a mint Matrix-12. More than I should, probably.

Comment

Working...
                              X