Good packaging, pickup and shipping companies (all-in-one)?

stikygum

• Members

Ok, I need to find a company that can pickup a heavy ass vintage keyboard from a guy who I'm buying from, pack it, and ship it to me.

What companies in the US do this? I don't want to go with UPS or Fedex, because this synth is quite vintage and I want it professionally taken good care of. (Not sure if they actually pickup and do this thing anyways) I'm sure this will be about $200 for this packaging and shipping service. Not a big deal, I'm expecting that.

Anyone know of some good companies for this (that perhaps can pickup on weekends)? I found this company www.gonavis.com ,but it seems that they are open from only 8am-5pm. This guy works at those times also and wouldn't get back until 5:30 to allow them to pick it up.

• Members

I believe Clusterchord used a company called Craters and Freighters when he sold his CS-80. From the pictures, it looked like they came over and handled everything.

Now, for a CS-80 price, it might make sense to use a company like that. The alternative is for the seller to drop the synth off at your typical Mailboxes Plus type store and have them do the packing and shipping. I actually used one of those places when I was living in Virginia to ship a Fairlight IIx to Japan and it got there safely.

Archived