Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good packaging, pickup and shipping companies (all-in-one)?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good packaging, pickup and shipping companies (all-in-one)?

Ok, I need to find a company that can pickup a heavy ass vintage keyboard from a guy who I'm buying from, pack it, and ship it to me.

What companies in the US do this? I don't want to go with UPS or Fedex, because this synth is quite vintage and I want it professionally taken good care of. (Not sure if they actually pickup and do this thing anyways) I'm sure this will be about $200 for this packaging and shipping service. Not a big deal, I'm expecting that.

Anyone know of some good companies for this (that perhaps can pickup on weekends)? I found this company www.gonavis.com ,but it seems that they are open from only 8am-5pm. This guy works at those times also and wouldn't get back until 5:30 to allow them to pick it up.
    ____
    ______

"It’s got to reflect a personality, rather than a quantized performance. Despite the technological revolution that’s been going on over the past few years, it’s not like we’re sitting around saying, ‘Wow... much better records are being made.’” - Atticus Ross

Pumps from my Heart {+}{}{+}{} Filtered through my Mind ~-~->

But yet I need more Cowbell

if you never read my signature, you'll never know how I sign my name

For what it's worth ... When I've paid to have an item double boxed

Comment

Does UPS pickup from people's houses and pack themselves to ship the item to you? I was thinking about a different service since this synth I'm getting is over 50 lbs.
      ____
      ______

"It’s got to reflect a personality, rather than a quantized performance. Despite the technological revolution that’s been going on over the past few years, it’s not like we’re sitting around saying, ‘Wow... much better records are being made.’” - Atticus Ross

Comment

I believe Clusterchord used a company called Craters and Freighters when he sold his CS-80. From the pictures, it looked like they came over and handled everything.

Now, for a CS-80 price, it might make sense to use a company like that. The alternative is for the seller to drop the synth off at your typical Mailboxes Plus type store and have them do the packing and shipping. I actually used one of those places when I was living in Virginia to ship a Fairlight IIx to Japan and it got there safely.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll check that out. Looks like the guy will get home earlier so this can happen. That helps.
          ____
          ______

Comment

Working...
          X