Anyone remember Emenee organs?

fuzztone

• Members

I remember them from commercials on TV when I was a kid.I think some of the shows I watched had contests where you could win an Emenee organ.I remember Midnite the Cat on Andy's Gang playing one.I think Marvin Mouse on The Sandy Becker Show had one also. I always tried to win one but was never successful.Have Any of you guys ever owned one?

emen1.jpg

6c8b_3.jpg

• Members

Yup. My very first keyboard (age 5 or so) was an Emenee chord organ. My father and grandmother bought it for me... no idea why since noone in my family was the least bit musical. They stuck it in my bedroom and forgot to give me the play-by-color songbook that went with it, so I learned to play songs off the TV by ear and memory.

It had terrible latency - there was a delay between when you pushed the key and when the air passed through the reed and made a tone.

But I wouldn't be here had it not been for my first Emenee.

• Members

Thanks fuzztone, for starting this thread. I forgot I had an Emenee just like the one in your picture in the first post. I bought mine 10 years ago off of Ebay, but never used it because two of the keys were stuck in the down/on position.

Welp, I just fixed it! It took me a long time to figure out how to pull the main mechanism out of the unit, but I finally got it out and found the culprit. A small (1" or so) flat plastic monkey! Ha! Heck...if these things were made in the late 50s, I wonder what the poor kid that lost the monkey was thinking when it fell into the keyboard never to be had again. Probably ARRRGH!! LOL!

• Members

Emenee organs? Pfffffffffffff... :p

I had a much better table organ when I was small. A Magnus.

Real size keys, three whole octaves, and the incredible twelve chords buttons on the left.

The Magnus was the Hammond B3 of reed organs. :cool:

Sounded more like an accordion than an organ though. ;)

:wave:

Magnus_Electric_Chord_Organ.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Members
I still remember the commercial: "poly chord electic piano ORgan". Followed by cheesy 60's organ riffs. Burned into my subconscious.

Sandy Becker? Wow man' date=' remember Hannibal's Make Believe Bone Room? I heard some great 45's played on that show.[/quote'][video=youtube;pAszaf1dHj8]
[video=youtube;89ZyPw1NUDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ZyPw1NUDg This is my Emenee100_4438.jpg

Archived