Droolmaster defends himself

Flying Trout

• Members

I'm beyond angry at this point. Pretty much resigned to my fate, and undecided about whether to pursue it further.

I would hope (but am not optimistic) that Gus and Paolo would at least allow me to post a brief comment, and not delete the post. People should know that my posts since the reinstatement have been deleted, and responses that quote my posts have been deleted. I'm aware that there are people here who don't like me, and I think that hiding the facts doesn't really help anyone, or the forum in the long run.

I was banned initially for 'disrespecting' Christianrock. Except that he knew that it was a joke, we're friends, and there was no issue. I was banned in spite of Paolo's promise to me that he would let me know if there was a problem with one of my posts.

The ban was for 1 month. When I tried to login, I'd get the message that it would be lifted at 7:00 pm on 2/25. Of late, I had been posting under 2 other users - Unknown Disease and Juan Ebola. Accusations that I was another poster are inaccurate. I'll assume that this error was unintentional.

I was promised reinstatement a few weeks ago, but then this was retracted, because Paolo insisted that the ban be reinstated. At no time was I told that it was a permanent ban.

Whatever your feelings about me, the issue becomes whether someone should get banned permanently from the site because the moderators don't like him, or even because some other posters don't. That's a rather dangerous road to embark on. I think that ANY objective view of my posts for the last few months will not show anything that would warrant this kind of a ban. In fact, I think that anyone who compared (why would you bother) my posts of late with those from previous years would see that I've made quite an effort to tone them down.

To say that this wasn't my first warning avoids the real issue. I was told, and the forum was told, that it was for ONE MONTH. But because you don't like me, you've made it permanent. And to cover your tracks, you deleted all traces that I had been back. What are you embarassed about?

In any case, I haven't decided whether to pursue this further. But there is plenty of evidence that this is personal, and Paolo quite publicly and vindictively posted my personal information to this forum, which I would suspect is a violation for a regular user, but especially for a moderator.

I'm just sick of this, but I'm not going to apologize. For what? Christianrock, I'm sorry for not offending you? Gus, I'm sorry for thinking that the ban was unjust? Please reinstate me as was previously scheduled. Please leave this up to let people see it. I have no intention to continue to post as this user.

Note - myteegti was banned for 1 month for defending me. I don't know if he's been reinstated.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

myTeeGTI was reinstated, and so was asynchro_nous. But I think they decided not to return to this forum, at least for now, as they have not posted since their unbanning (well I noticed first that asynchro_nous was unbanned a few weeks ago, and then myTeeGTI a few days ago when I was reading through the p120dude thread).

• Members

This whole debacle has gone from ridiculous to absurd, and why?

Drool was an active contributing member of this forum, who has a vast knowledge and experience of some of the more esoteric pieces of synth and sampler gear - things most of us won't ever have the opportunity to own or demo.

I'm still not clear on why he deserves an IP ban, it all seems a little too personally driven from where I'm standing - not very admirable behavior for moderators to adopt.

Another vote for reinstating him here.

• Members

He should be reinstated. I didn't see any signs of offensiveness towards CR in the post that got him the temporary ban.. Everyone there seemed to get it.

It would appear that only Paolo didn't get it (or didn't want to).

Now this...??

But if there's no way to check or counter-balance the behavior one of the mods, what can be done?

It would appear his power is limitless here, thus he need not be responsive to the users.

Shame though.

• Members

If someone was a PITA once before....then *becomes* this better person, even though, er (if) throughout their stay here has contributed immensely to this forum, it is obvious someone has been tallying those antics since they began to manifest here... (i.e, -the mod team)

Droolmaster has personally busted my balls for stupid ass {censored}, as have others on this forum, no names (Diametro)...

I never took it personal. Why let other people's insecurities run rampant when they are perceived to be some sort of an adult that can just choose to ignore? -Just playing the devil's advocate. I understand most feel they *shouldn't* have to.

Why can't we self moderate ourselves as in put people on ignore IF they annoy you?

For the record: When I used to be here daily before I had family issues to tend to I'd only see mucho posting here on KSS when it came to silly threads that did NOT contribute anything to this forum. Rarely, were there postings of people's music which is what I *thought* this forum was about? I know I was wrong to assume that one!

I tried to get people involved with something new that didn't have caca poopoo peepee humour attached to it..... It's just the way it is, I get that now. Real talent is NOT what this forum is about. Is it?

• Members

OTOH, I think tonyrobbins deserves a permaban.

:facepalm:

I haven't been around here as long as others, but really, I just don't get why tonyrobbins was banned because he started a thread about if people ever played on acoustic pianos. WTF? :confused:

There was nothing wrong there. Meanwhile we see other off-topics like "this whatever guy is a dick", etc. that are still around right now. So why the F a permaban on him, because he started a on-topic thread? :facepalm:

:bor: :bor: :bor:

• Members

For the record: When I used to be here daily before I had family issues to tend to I'd only see mucho posting here on KSS when it came to silly threads that did NOT contribute anything to this forum. Rarely, were there postings of people's music which is what I *thought* this forum was about? I know I was wrong to assume that one!

I tried to get people involved with something new that didn't have caca poopoo peepee humour attached to it..... It's just the way it is, I get that now. Real talent is NOT what this forum is about. Is it?

Hey Dr. Inno, welcome back :)

First of all, talks about what "real talent" is, is one thing, and talking about keys, synths and samplers (which is what KSS stands for) is a different thing...

There's been countless threads on what being "talented" means (in the view of some it's just playing well, others think it's programming, others think it's songwriting... and so on). There's been lots of heat on these discussions and people got upset because whoever falls in one of the aforementioned categories might feel the others aren't important... so I hope this discussion doesn't start it again. But the point is, it's a forum about the instruments.

So no, it's not really about the music (even though people here do show their tracks), it's more of a forum where people discuss their favorite instruments. What you're describing seems more like the "Songwriting" and "Recording" forums, which are different forums in HC.

• Members

I haven't been around here as long as others, but really, I just don't get why tonyrobbins was banned because he started a thread about if people ever played on acoustic pianos. WTF?
:confused:

There was nothing wrong there. Meanwhile we see other off-topics like "this whatever guy is a dick", etc. that are still around right now. So why the F a permaban on him, because he started a on-topic thread?

:bor:

Most of his topics seriously question his IQ at times. It's annoying. Also, blame me for being a purist of some sort, but his grammar sucks. I can't stand that XD I'm not a native English speaker, but ffs I'm trying to learn it as if it is my mother tongue. OTOH I can't prevent myself from reading what new he has to say with bad grammar :facepalm: And Ignore list isn't much of help.

Also, when he goes on killing spree with lots of topics with lame questions or such, it too is annoying.

• Members

I don't usually ever chime in on this {censored}, because quite frankly i think Mr Master0 usually gets way too worked up about stuff, so usually i ignore it.

however, now that we have some distance here between then and now, i'm looking at what i remember about any of this {censored} and all i remember are a forum user and a forum moderator getting really catty at one another. the other thing i remember is the moderator posting the user's legal name in the forum somewhere.

this is, of course, a big no-no. you can call me by my name if you want, i don't give a {censored}. however some people don't want to go by their actual names. Mr Master0 is one of those guys.

but for some reason, the moderator is still a moderator, and the user is permabanned.

this makes no sense to me.

• Members

This whole debacle has gone from ridiculous to absurd, and why?

Drool was an active contributing member of this forum, who has a vast knowledge and experience of some of the more esoteric pieces of synth and sampler gear - things most of us won't ever have the opportunity to own or demo.

I'm still not clear on why he deserves an IP ban, it all seems a little too personally driven from where I'm standing - not very admirable behavior for moderators to adopt.

Another vote for reinstating him here.

I could not have said it better myself, and much agreed.

Namaste,

Ian

• Members

I don't think it's right to be banning so many people. Did someone from the top of Harmony Central send out a letter to wipe out anyone with opposing views? I think Drool offers piece of mind and a much needed different perspective on synths.

Scuze my ignorance, but what gets you banned anyways? Cursing at others...

I agree that every forum is trying to be a respectable one without all the side personal issues and stay on topic, but it sure seems like a conspiracy that so many people have gotten banned. I guess I haven't paid attention to the other banning threads, so I'm out of the loop.

• Members

Wait, wat... You're banned again? Didn't you just get back here?

Why does KSS have to have the uptight weeny moderation, are keys peeps that much more precious and sensitive? The mods on the other sub-forums I've visited are way more chilled than this, and they actually contribute and joke around amicably instead of locking, deleting, banning willy nilly, and expressing their disdain for anything OT while anally tossing over the finer points of Latin grammar.

Archived